Playboy 88

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just picked this up from a local yard sale.....Columbia Playboy 88

Never heard of or seen one before. Too cool to pass up! Anyone educate me on it/them?
Seat doesn't look original but I'm diggin' the layback sissybar!!

Playboy01.jpg
Playboy02.jpg
Playboy03.jpg
Playboy04.jpg

Neat score. What's your plans with it?

For now, it's going into storage until some other projects are finished. Then......whenever that'll be, I'll probably just try to clean it up as much as possible and get it close to orig condition. I don't plan on keeping it. I just bought it so it wouldn't get scrapped.

Cool Find, had a PlayBike 88 for a while. From what I can remember the 88 stood for the fork system, however the Playboy may have only been Ava with the triple tree style fork, I do not remember. I know my Plsybike 88 had that style fork and bar, and another friend had a PlayBike and his had the standard fork and bar like most bikes. I did research the bars at one point as someone asked how could you lower or raise the bars cause it was a solid unit that just bolted on. What I found out was Columbia offered diff height bars you could purchase separately.

Latest posts

Back