Plain Jane

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame is now painted!
girlsbikeprogresspics3001.jpg

girlsbikeprogresspics3002-1.jpg

normally youd do the lighter color first(in front) then theres less masking to do

Yup! That's what I did. I painted the whole frame primer white and then just masked off the scallops. They aint absolutely perfect as I just eyeball'd them, and there's a little over spray, but i think that makes it look even cooler! totally pleased with the green too. All it is is rustoleum satin green...

too funny, look in the post for my bike. I had the same color for my bike!!
I've been calling it Godzilla green.
Scott 8)
P1010543.jpg

Hahaha! Awesome! it's a good color. rustoleum comes out really smooth, especially in the hot cali weather. You're frame is quite a bit cooler though!

EvilJohnny37 said:
Hahaha! Awesome! it's a good color. rustoleum comes out really smooth, especially in the hot cali weather. You're frame is quite a bit cooler though!

NO, NO, NO! This is the YEAR of the "Lady Bike"!..................Nice choice of colors. :D

Re: Middleweight Champion aka "Plain Jane"

I give most of my vehicles, cars, motorcycles and bicycles (girls or boys frames) girls names. Like a ship.
EvilJohnny37 said:
Re-naming of the bike build is in effect. Middleweight champion proved to be too masculine and doesn't work with a girls frame. Name is now "Plain Jane".

Some progress/mock-up pics. I don't know if I like the red tires with that green yet. They go surprisingly well together.

girlsbikesprogress4001.jpg

girlsbikesprogress4002.jpg

girlsbikesprogress4003.jpg

what do you guys think? I think i can get away with using the red tires, but the red seat and grips might be pushing it...

37fleetwood said:
by 37fleetwood on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:20 pm
HI, Jane appears to be a Cleveland welding made Hawthorne or something very like, probably from the later '50's. I'm not an expert though so don't quote me. :D
Scott 8)
godzilla98.gif
sensor said:
by sensor on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:07 pm
i know what your bike is! i know what your bike is!
shes a hawthorne
I think I heard that somewhere :mrgreen:
Scott 8)

Latest posts

Back