pinstriping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got invited to a panel jam tomorrow. forgot and missed last years. this will be my first time painting with a group of stripers. :? timed jams...i think i should bring a change of undies.

thesuicideride said:
just got invited to a panel jam tomorrow. forgot and missed last years. this will be my first time painting with a group of stripers. :? timed jams...i think i should bring a change of undies.

You can always say you spilled some oneshot darkbrown.......... :wink:

Good luck anyways!

badmuller said:
thesuicideride said:

You can always say you spilled some oneshot darkbrown.......... :wink:

Good luck anyways!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

heres my last minute panel i did for the panel jam's panel swap today. did it last night after i got the invite. sorry no pics from the jam tho. i forgot my stinkin camera. :x there was a mack rep there and i got some sweet goodies. got some 00 blue wraps, a 00 dagger :!: , mack 00 series 1010(mackss "grumbacher"), and a big ol lettering flat, books, and some paint. they were all AMAZING painters. all old schoolers but me :oops: i picked the crap outta their brains for about 8 hours :mrgreen:

scaljam020.jpg

sweeet! another pinhead! :mrgreen:. your lounge profile looks sweet! but its its hard to tell which one is you and which one is your work :?. alotta cool panel jam pics for sure! stuffed with stripers around the globe

Chris Stapley said:

^ thats crazy. how many stripers hit that? i think i counted 37 signatures :shock:

Yeah, that one was pretty full when it finally was finished. Loved to be part of it for sure, its the second worldwide panel I've ben involved in, just finished a nice Canadian Gang panel for the Bo Huff Charity auction in Utah as well. Whats your Pinhead page link?
I'd like to see your stuff man....
Chris.

I've tried it a few times but never turns out like I intend it to, are there any how to links or tutorials that you could recommend or is it just a practice makes perfect type of thing? Any tips or tricks?

outskirtscustoms said:
I've tried it a few times but never turns out like I intend it to, are there any how to links or tutorials that you could recommend or is it just a practice makes perfect type of thing? Any tips or tricks?

its all time and tears.

Chris Stapley said:
Yeah, that one was pretty full when it finally was finished. Loved to be part of it for sure, its the second worldwide panel I've ben involved in, just finished a nice Canadian Gang panel for the Bo Huff Charity auction in Utah as well. Whats your Pinhead page link?
I'd like to see your stuff man....
Chris.

some of my older stuff is floating around here. ill post some pics later of some newer stuff. no account at the lounge, just hang out there.

Head to some Panel Jams near you, this will jumpstart your skillset like you will not believe. Also start watching some of the excellent stuff that YouTube has to offer, just search pinstriping or Steve Kafka. Steve has some great videos with the exception of his shameless plugs for his products, but hey you've gotta give him credit for trying! No amount of practise will do you any good if you're practising something completely wrong, it just takes longer to break the bad habits. Look and learn is a great first step, then practise till you hate it and do some more! Oh yeah, have fun with it, when its not fun clean out the brushes and quit for the night.

See ya,

Chris.

outskirtscustoms said:

Chris Stapley said:
Steve has some great videos with the exception of his shameless plugs for his products, but hey you've gotta give him credit for trying!

LOL! so true. love his brush, love his style, but man do i hate his shameless self promotion crap. he bashes mack and stabilo and probly some others too. its annoying. sure get your stuff out there but do it with respect and class. i watched his videos on mute :lol:. i use his script/scroll daily. love that darn thing but i wouldnt shake kafkas hand if i saw him. that really chaps me when people bash others stuff just to help sell theirs. different brush for different applications. pullin flames thered be a mack in my hand, never a kafka. pullin scrolls thered be a kafka in my hand, never a mack. rant? 8)

Ha,ha, funny I thought I was the only one who thought that way? I don't know if you have heard of Tramp Warner? He promotes for One Shot and is a fellow Ontario striper, anyway he's sort of the same way. Just a little big on himself by times but he's awfully good at backing it up with talent.I guess you give a little when it comes to this . I have tried to use the Kafka brushes and just don't like 'em personally, they're all over the place when you try to do traditional striping and I cannot seem to wrap my brain around scrolling either.... Have you ever used an Excalibur brush? Mr. J makes and sells 'em, they're my favorites, nice and fine, short design for my short fingers and I've never trimmed one yet. Mack's need to have a trip to the barbers chair before I can make them dance. Julian ( Mr.J) is a great guy, when he comes to the Arties Party @ the Syracuse Street rod Nats. he's just one of the guys who can stripe and letter like nobody's business! Still looking forward to some photos of your work buddy! Hey, if you want a nice cross border trip some time, keep my Percy Boom Panel Swap in mind. It will be September 10/11th this year! We're in Eastern Ontario, Canada. Campbellford to be accurate if you're trying to figure out where we are.

See Ya,

Chris.

heres a tv dinner table top i did for a friend a month or two ago. wildman style. the black dots on the dice and the black bar on the banner on the horse shoe are ratrodbikes censors. 8)
pinstriping002-1-1-1.jpg

recent sign i did for a local tattoo shop.
newrepublicsign008-1.jpg

brief case i did a while back.
pinstriping008.jpg

my tank.
sportytank003.jpg

one of the panels i did for our member "iamtheowl". whats up Trev!
015.jpg

theres more old work burried on the forum somewhere. probly some in this topic. lets get this topic active again. post some pics of your work up!

Chris Stapley said:
I don't know if you have heard of Tramp Warner?

Have you ever used an Excalibur brush? Mr. J makes and sells 'em, they're my favorites, nice and fine, short design for my short fingers and I've never trimmed one yet. Mack's need to have a trip to the barbers chair before I can make them dance. Julian ( Mr.J) is a great guy, when he comes to the Arties Party @ the Syracuse Street rod Nats. he's just one of the guys who can stripe and letter like nobody's business! Still looking forward to some photos of your work buddy! Hey, if you want a nice cross border trip some time, keep my Percy Boom Panel Swap in mind. It will be September 10/11th this year! We're in Eastern Ontario, Canada. Campbellford to be accurate if you're trying to figure out where we are.

See Ya,

Chris.

tramp warner sounds familiar but i dont keep up with names too much. just linger on the lounge a little and do my thing. dont know a whole lotta stripers other then the couple old time sign painters in town. and the stripers we have on here. i just got a order from Julian the other day. Great dude! i havent tried his xcaliber yet. a guy i worked with told me a year ago he had one i could have but still havent seen it :cry:. i mostly just use green wrap macks cuz theyre cheap and available locally at the auto paint shop. sept 10? atta be my big 25th bday! thad be cool!

Wow, outstanding work man, love the lettering styles. You have it down for sure! We'd love to have you up for the Panel Swap,

loads of fun, and Canadian Beer if you think you can handle it? Ha,ha.. Get that Excaliber brush, I know you'll love it if you're used to painting

with a green Mack, heck they're touchup brushes! We should arrange an art piece swap some time , let me know if you're up for it............

Latest posts

Back