pinstriping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pinstriping024.jpg

pinstriping025.jpg

pinstriping022.jpg

pinstriping026.jpg

sensor said:
sheeeeeeeeesh!
i give up :lol:
great work!

lol. thanks.
the flat black piggy bank was the hardest really. not the brush work but the layout. i pretty much just said eff it and just started pullin lines wigi board style...the brush showed me were it wanted to go. :lol:

Got a new one finished called bird of Frankenstein......got it thing with Frankie, but anyway.... who doesn't.
Check it out and let me know what you think!

vzjyo6.jpg

If I were to want to get into pinstriping, what would I need besides a good Mack brush, some 1-shot, and reducer? I've got a really detailed instruction book (I know it's not a substitute for an old-timer, but I learn pretty quickly). Any hints?

FunkyStickman said:
If I were to want to get into pinstriping, what would I need besides a good Mack brush, some 1-shot, and reducer? I've got a really detailed instruction book (I know it's not a substitute for an old-timer, but I learn pretty quickly). Any hints?
looks to me like you got what you need to get started.
practice, practice,practice.
you will find out if the talent is there soon enough.
good luck.

Miss.J said:
Got a new one finished called bird of Frankenstein......got it thing with Frankie, but anyway.... who doesn't.
Check it out and let me know what you think!

vzjyo6.jpg

nice lettering!

FunkyStickman said:

get a good strong piece of glass. use a fine line 1/8" tape on the back to draw out a 1" x 1" grid. flip it over and practice balanced designs on the smooth side.

a lot of people say pull straight and curved lines till youre sick, then pull a thousand more. but i feel like when i started, just practicing designs was more affective because i would focus more on keeping it balanced and keeping my line width consistant. but still do practice lines and curves now and again.

and youll need a lot of time and tears.

FunkyStickman said:

just practice...reed the book and practice....if you're stuck on something there are allways people who can give you hints again!
good luck!!!

Re: pin stripping

thesuicideride said:
jumped back at it this week. of course in my 30 degree garage....icicle fingers :D

170.jpg

That looks just like the water bottle on my rat bike!

dude i wish i could do lettering like that. everytime i think i am getting it i look at your work. whew and i like the artsy pics of u pinstriping the gun that is awsome

thanks karfer. i really like signs but seems like pinstriping is the real money maker. i dont know if my speed is below average but im a slow letterer. pullin lines is a lot quicker and equally as satisfying for the customer.

anybody else not like paintin there own stuff cuz you look at it a few months later and go...eww :lol:

Latest posts

Back