Pinstriping Snail Mail Panel Jam

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is going to be a topic for all pinheads. karfer, sensor, chadillac, hotrod jen and i are setting up a coast to coast panel jam. snail mail style :D. heres how it works. each person will cut and base coat a panel. then stripe it in one color and send it onto the next striper(sign in the same color you striped in). then once the fifth one comes to you, you stripe and wala! your new panel! this is the first time im trying it so im up for all suggestions. questions still at play are; panel size, do we use the same color each time, and are we all basing the same color. and who sends to who. so any of the above mentioned stripers lets hear your ideas. and if any other stripers want to set up a jam in this thread thats cool to. or it could even just be panel for panel :mrgreen:

i am in a large std envelope is 12x9 i think so if each person does a panel to fit in this envelope that would work. and it would not cost too much to mail it. i think what color each person does is up to them as is what they do for the base design. one thing i think we should do is when we decide to start this wait till each person is done with their color then we send them at the same time. that way one person is not stuck with more than one at a time. sorta like one shot musical chairs. :lol: and yes i at least will make sure there are update pics.

karfer67 said:
one thing i think we should do is when we decide to start this wait till each person is done with their color then we send them at the same time.

yep. i like that idear.

yoohoo....sensor, jen... :lol:

uhhhhhhh..........what?
ill get a panel cut this weekend and some color/lines on it(panel will be that burnt copper metal specks
and the lines will be black with ivory teardrop). ill also make sure i leave plenty of room for you guys

sensor you heard the man this is old skool panel jam style where each artist tosses down one color. not for nothing i would want to do the same though lol. i think mine needs to be pink :lol:

let me know i wont be able to get mine till thurs i am so broke it is not even funny

i will get mine tomorrow from tractor supply. but most smaller hardware stores have a section of small metal panels. last time i think the one i bought was around 8 bucks 16 gauge. once i get mine i will let you guys and gal know around what size but do whatever you want different size panels would be fun too just remember not too small

is anybody opposed to me using plastic? im not sure what its called but its that blue compressed plastic probly about a 1/4 inch thick. the only reason i ask is because it can generate static which pulls the paint off of the brush before it touches the panel. BUT..if you wipe the back down with rubbing alcohol it kills all the static. then just lay the panel on the wet alcohol rag while you stripe. i use it all the time. its easy to cut, cheap, and there is a crap ton of it in the shop. :D. just checkin to see if you guys would want to do the alcohol bath thing and to give you a heads up if i do use them.

thesuicideride said:
is anybody opposed to me using plastic? im not sure what its called but its that blue compressed plastic probly about a 1/4 inch thick. the only reason i ask is because it can generate static which pulls the paint off of the brush before it touches the panel. BUT..if you wipe the back down with rubbing alcohol it kills all the static. then just lay the panel on the wet alcohol rag while you stripe. i use it all the time. its easy to cut, cheap, and there is a crap ton of it in the shop. :D. just checkin to see if you guys would want to do the alcohol bath thing and to give you a heads up if i do use them.
im totally fine doing that i've had to do that a few times already

i wondered how you guys get around the static thing. i am willing to give that a shot but mine will be metal sorry i am tragically old skool

i got a padded envelope from the post office that is 13.75 by 10 i believe. cost me 2.09 and as long as the item is not heavy i would assume to ship it each time would not cost much. i am shooting for something this size or a bit smaller. u know you and i can cheat and exchange them lol.

Wow.

Wish I'd have known this was happening, I'd have loved to have been involved. Next time, please think of me as well, anyone who'd like to just swap a

panel contact me and we'll set something up. I was involved in a panel called the Worldwide Panel last winter that went around a bunch of European countries,

the USA and ended in my place in Ontario Canada. I finished my lines and brought it to the Detroit Autorama in February for the Charity Auction. We had a ball

with this panel and it turned awesome.

Cheers,

Chris Stapley
Percy Boom Panel Swap & Cursed Studios...

Latest posts

Back