Photobucket is imploding....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With photobucket starting to charge for our longtime content and images, has anyone found easy way to changeover their posts to tapatalk or other free hosting repositories?

I can't afford photobucket's hosting blackmail. And need a solution.

e6cad82122892981f1e1d2e56921a8d4.jpg

Building..... Riding.....

So there will be a bunch of non viewable images down the road, broken links?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For some reason my old builds that have photobucket pics are still working.

I've deleted over 200 pics to see if this would change my "usage"...it didn't. I've been trying for two days to download my albums, no luck. I started to download individual photos, and upload them back here. It works, but it would take MONTHS to do them all. I'll try to post one or two in the proper threads, so there will be some type of visual reference to a particular bike. I belong to a number of sites that I've been using photobucket for pics....ALL gone. A lot of sites won't let you "edit" a post if it's older than a few months, so those sites will have to be left blank....Is it Photobucket's right to do this? Yes it is. Is it their right to soon go out of business? Yes it is......I just want my albums before they crash and burn.

Might I suggest that if your images are not affected, that you get them now, IF you can.

Last edited:
If I try to go to my previously "free" account, all I can get is broken links, price listings, and 6 pages of complaints from people who actually paid for service and got shafted.
If I go to my pictures posted via Photobucket hosting on RRB, they come up and can be saved to my computer.
Since RRB now allows direct posting, I already quit dealing with the bucket a while

@KOTA
I just tried grabbing one of your broken links from Trot Rot to try posting it here by just posting the path within the "img" RRB toolbar button. I used "Copy image address" to do this and it brings back the speedo pic.

IMG_2470_zpscyjfdwdf.jpg

But if I go to the photobucket page and copy the "Direct" link it works fine. I believe this is why my old photobucket pics are still working on RRB. When I was using pbucket, I always copied the direct link.

004-12.jpg

Scratch that. That was a link to a different pic of yours. When I tried pasting the Direct link to the same broken pic, I still get the speedo

IMG_2470_zpscyjfdwdf.jpg

Thanks for trying! I've already uploaded a few pics from my computer, for the ones in Trot Rot that were missing. If I copy the DIRECT link on PB, and post the link here, you can click on it and it will bring you to the photo on PB....Thanks again for trying.

I have noticed that almost ALL my pics were blocked, but oddly enough a few still show.

For some reason the ones that I posted above that were showing the speedo are now showing the pic

It seems a "few" pics can be posted. I posted a couple of random photos in my Trot Rot thread, so I can easily keep an eye on them, to see if they stay.

I've enjoyed Photobucket's free service for ten years. The key word FREE. I'm not happy, but I guess it's their right. I've been downloading the pics that are important to me, individually. I've gone back in the archives and uploaded a photo or two in the thread they belong. This way if anyone wanted to know what a certain bike looks like there is at least one pic of it.

EDIT: I've posted in Trot Rot and an hour later TWO have left the building....I'm going to delete my test posts in Trot Rot.

Last edited:
I built an entire website using the Free account for the last 10 years. Over night my site is now just blank images! Now they want to extort more money holding my account hostage lol I am planning to get m,y own host so I won't have to go through this again with them. Plus the ad's on there are so crazy i can barely use their services.

I built an entire website using the Free account for the last 10 years. Over night my site is now just blank images! Now they want to extort more money holding my account hostage lol I am planning to get m,y own host so I won't have to go through this again with them. Plus the ad's on there are so crazy i can barely use their services.
I have saved all my images. If one of my posts bugs me enuff, i have found if I remember the order of pics, I can edit and replace them by attaching or using tapatalk.

I will make do with then new as the old n easy is broke now...

Building..... Riding.....

My main problem is when I got to Google and type in "Sears Screamer" all the pics pop up as thumbnails. When I click on 95% of them they turn into a blank box telling me to pay $400 lol I hope Tapatalk doesn't do the same in 4-5 years. Did you see the new page on facebook called "Photobucket ruined my life" lol ;)

I am currently downloading each of my albums to my computer then i will find a new home for them and re upload them to the net. Eventually all the google thumbnails will direct back to good image sources.

I've been downloading individual pics for the last two days. I've tried to download whole albums, using the PB download....Never worked. I have all the photos I need (I guess). I also belong to a number of other forums, but I kept copies of everything I've posted.....I'm debating whether I should delete everything and then delete my account.

Debates over. Deleted all my pics and then deleted my account. Not sure what the future of PB is. I took my pics while I still could.
Why did they do this? That's easy. Let's say one hundred million accounts (low estimate), now let's say 99% of the accounts close. That leaves 1% left paying $399....That's 1,000,000 x 399 = $399,000,000, PLUS all the other services they sell! I think 1% (paying) is a LOW estimate. At first I thought they were nuts....But it makes perfect "business" sense.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back