Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Some of you have been noticing that posts are missing photos.

I'm thinking it might be a Tapatalk issue.

Let me know if your Tapatalk posts are missing the images.

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed photos not showing up last Thursday, September 10. This happens when viewing The forum with Safari both logged in and logged out. The post was made with initially Tapatalk.

Now in many of my previous older threads I’m seeing more photos with the “X” icon. When viewing with Safari. When viewing with Tapatalk the photos are appearing normal.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the hit and miss thing going on in:
this thread had been showing up normally previously.
Looks good thru a Tapatalk and hit and miss thru Safari.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ought to be a fix, Tapatalk had been working fine until September 10, 2020 at least that’s when I first noticed the disappearing photos. I haven’t seen any ransom notes like Photobucket did a few years back. There are photos I posted using Tapatalk that are showing and some that aren’t it’s not consistent.
A lot of work down the drain at this point.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ought to be a fix, Tapatalk had been working fine until September 10, 2020 at least that’s when I first noticed the disappearing photos. I haven’t seen any ransom notes like Photobucket did a few years back. There are photos I posted using Tapatalk that are showing and some that aren’t it’s not consistent.
A lot of work down the drain at this point.
I went through and manually downloaded the photos in your finished bike thread and then re-uploaded them all as attachments via the forum so that they will never leave the site.

The is one of the unfortunate problems with Tapatalk...when people upload photos through the app the photos are being stored on the Tapatalk server and not on the RRB image server. Basically they become the property of Tapatalk.

I've submitted a ticket with them to see if they have any ideas as to why the images are not displaying on the forum.

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through and manually downloaded the photos in your finished bike thread and then re-uploaded them all as attachments via the forum so that they will never leave the site.

The is one of the unfortunate problems with Tapatalk...when people upload photos through the app the photos are being stored on the Tapatalk server and not on the RRB image server. Basically they become the property of Tapatalk.

I've submitted a ticket with them to see if they have any ideas as to why the images are not displaying on the forum.
Thank you RatRod!
The Tapatalk photo posts had been working well for me since it came into being. The strange thing to me is that some of the photos uploaded with Tapatalk are showing up while some have become non viewable.
I’ve sent two reports to their customer service site also.
I do a lot of stuff from phone, the Tapatalk app has been the easier way with the small screen.

Reactions: Rat Rod
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's showing with Microsoft Edge on my laptop.
I've looked at a few of my threads a few minutes ago. Some have photos restored some still have a lot of "X"s.
The previous BO top 3 winners post is a mix, some photos are now showing but still a bunch of "X"s.
So something that's been done is working.
A Tapatalk rep contacted me early this morning and asked for a couple example links to illustrate what the issue was.

Last edited: