PhantomBantam

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like itr could be a burrito bike for kids... :D

kenny p said:
NICE!!
Firewood, I love it!
I like the length, are you going to get that seat down low in front of the original seat tube?

Yes, the seat will be in front of the seat tube (which is only 11 inches long). Just didn't fabricate a mount yet (snowing! :roll: ). ....And by the way, Kenny, "Thanks", for the inspiration!

tartosuc said:
looks like itr could be a burrito bike for kids... :D

Some kid's gonna like it (I hope!). I won't be able to try it, unless I have a Chiropractor on each side of me, and an ambulance in my driveway! :lol:

oh my GOD.......... that thing is SICK.......... it looks like there should be a slight bend in the upper tube tho, like maybe off the stem come out a little more straight and THEN bend down to the seat tube, not much but just keep it it from being a solid straight line. IM WAY JEALOUS.... im on the hunt for a bike like that now!!!!!! are you using conduit???

GIMPYBMXER said:
oh my GOD.......... that thing is SICK.......... it looks like there should be a slight bend in the upper tube tho, like maybe off the stem come out a little more straight and THEN bend down to the seat tube, not much but just keep it it from being a solid straight line. IM WAY JEALOUS.... im on the hunt for a bike like that now!!!!!! are you using conduit???

Thanks for the compliments and the advice, I'm going to try to draw something up in "Paint", so far just winging it. And yes it's just conduit, some like it, some don't. I've used it before, just gotta be careful bending. It works for me. I Used a conduit bender, probably the most exspensive hand tool I have. :lol: :lol:

Love it so far! Wish I lived closer....I'd like to test pilot it! :lol: 8) 8) 8) :wink:
L8 EM

Saturday night (3/1) still trying to figure final design! Still out in the cold!, Still using tape to hold everything in place! I think this is it. Now to finish "trimming" the ends of the tubing, and weld everything in place.

BBO11.jpg

Well actually, I'am watching TV in my living room, while I mock this thing up, there just isn't enough room to get a good angle for a pic. So I just moved it to the deck. I still have to run outside to use the cutting wheel (to many "sparks" in the living room). Gotta love my wife, she just had rotator cuff surgery, a few days ago. Working in the living room, we can still keep each other "company". :wink:

One more version, glad I didn't weld anything yet. Waiting for a neighborhood "kid" to see where placement of pedals will be. Handle bars will be slightly extended, about 3 inches. This will be a "kids" bike (12-13 yrs old), or a small adult.

003-1.jpg

Neighbors' son came by today, he is 5"6', TO TALL! This bike will be perfect for someone around 5" - 5"2'.

I got a chance to work with my son this weekend! We got to welding, we tacked everything in place, then checked our measurements (alignment) and welded everything solid. The bars were extended 5 inches, bottom bracket came from an old girls BMX, along with the tires and rims, (the originals were flat). We used every part of the Bantam frame, except the seat tube (after all the cutting and fab it was just easier to make a new one).

BBO22-1.jpg

BBO12-1.jpg
BBO17-1.jpg

Seat post is just a little "stub". Rivets on "LowRider emblem" on end of banana seat will be removed and "longer" rivets used to secure end of seat to welded strip on seat tube.

BBO20-1.jpg

This is the results, so far. Now the finish (body work) can start!...... No, It's not gonna have PINK rims!
BBO18-2.jpg

This is what it looks like next to a full size bike.
BBO19-1.jpg

Man I wish I had a tig welder....or knew how to use one. They sure make some nice welds. Project looks super so far. :D

Uncle Stretch said:
Man I wish I had a tig welder....or knew how to use one. They sure make some nice welds. Project looks super so far. :D
what are you using?

Nice job on the Bantam. The stretch look good. I like how you used the cut out bar in the frame.

ratina said:
That is sweet! I really want a burrito!

Well if ya make one, don't make it to LONG! The longer it is, the more room you need to turn it around. Unless of course, if you have an ON/OFF ramp on your street. Will let you know how this size handles. :lol:

that bike is suuuper siiiiick......wow! are you gonna paint it and all that? or you leaving it ratty?

Keoki_D said:
that bike is suuuper siiiiick......wow! are you gonna paint it and all that? or you leaving it ratty?

Haven't decided yet! .......Flat or shiney?

BBO23-1.jpg

She is now "machanically" done! Pedals smooth and "sweet"! Me very, very happy! (Me very, very LUCKY!)

Latest posts

Back