• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Persons pedal axles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need left and right axles that fit persons teardrop pedals. 1/2” crank.

5 5/16” long

AA70434C-C80B-4323-9E88-2B82D4E10A2C.jpeg

Maybe try fitting some Torrington shafts to the endplates. I measured some at 5 3/8 overall length. And yes all the old Torrington pedals are worn just as bad. I once bough some old exercising pedals that contained the spindles etc. Made by torington . but had leather straps to Contain your feet. Although the tubes were longer I cut them down to fit.

I have a set of Torrington’s (I believe that’s what they are) but I can’t figure out how to get the axle out of the end plate.

They. ( torrington axles) are made just like hub axles or old car spindles. The adjusting cone or race is locked by a jam nut. Only in the pedals case its located down inside the cup. I had made a spanner once but it only worked on the older cones that had a slot feature similar to bottom bracket cone. The pedals I've worked on recently had regular cones with flats on them. I locked onto them with small screwdriver than tightened jam. Might have to do it more than once. The problem is the torque required for initial removal is more than little screwdriver can provide. Finally after all that work I drove close to a curb and hung pedal on it bending pedal spindle again.

Latest posts

Back