1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

PedalCar Wagon Wheel Barrow buildoff discussion

Discussion in 'BUILD CHALLENGES' started by GuitarlCarl, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Blackout

Blackout

I might be in :39: have a couple old wagons and a old wheel barrow I have ideas for but were down on my build list. I guess that's my problem long list not enough time. I have been wanting to get my drag bike done I didn't get near finished on the last winter anything goes buildoff, would be nice to have a mod. involved for separate build threads.
    and I have this up on my list to do this fall/winter... pedal/coaster/motor??? not sure yet.
    so will see if I pop in.
    [​IMG]

2. MazdaFlyer

MazdaFlyer

Likewise I like the idea of "separate Build threads" due to the probable diversity of builds, pedal cars, wagons, wheel barrows which might become "strollers".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Falstaff

Falstaff

There's gotta be a way for you all to do this without a moderator, I don't how; but there has to be something without flooding the build or other talk threads.

I would follow along with this, would be cool to see what you comeup with.

4. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

SINCE they're not bikes I figured they belong in the "Other Talk" forum. Would it be the first BO in the "Other Talk" section? Probably. Could we get a partition in there so we could have our own build threads? I'll send out some feelers... Since it's running concurrent with the Muscle Bike BO it might be a lot of work for somebody...

Carl.

MazdaFlyer likes this.
  5. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Yes. A wagon is what I have right now...
    I wish I had a pedal car, and I'm not chopping my big old wheel barrow. So, it's a wagon for me too at this point.

Carl.

KJV likes this.
  6. Falstaff

Falstaff

Right, and if everyone wants their own build thread they might have to do that.
    Then a finished thread could be posted, followed by a voting poll.
    That would eliminate everyone posting in one thread.

That's all I was trying to figure out.

RustyGold and MazdaFlyer like this.
  7. OddJob

OddJob

This looks really interesting to me too. I don't have anything to start with, and about 2 weeks ago I passed up a couple of wagons, old trikes, and pedal toys at a barn sale. Oh well.

Maybe I'll spend some time on CL this morning and see what turns up.....

First thought that came into my head Carl when you started the acronym for the build off....'Hot' Wheels....but then that sounds like all parts must be stolen to be eligible...! :21:

MazdaFlyer likes this.
  8. OddJob

OddJob

So, just a quick search on our local CL came up with some pretty cool stuff.

This wheelbarrow is actually property of the state prison, somebody probably stole it.....
    prisonwheelbarrow.jpg

And this dude has 2 cool ratty pedal car bodies and some wheels. Wish I had some young grandchildren to justify building one of these up....
    rustypedalcar2.jpg rustypedalcar1.jpg

And then there's this '50s 'woody' wagon, original owner selling, she's had it for 66 years. Moving to Florida, "the wagon wants to stay in Minnesota"...priceless. And cheap.
    50swoodsidedwagon.jpg

Chad T, MazdaFlyer, KJV and 2 others like this.
  9. MazdaFlyer

MazdaFlyer

Personally I'd go with the woody wagon, but that's just my inner self loving the wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuitarlCarl, KJV and OddJob like this.
  10. OddJob

OddJob

Yeah, that would be my choice as well. Plus, it would hang well in the rafters of The BACK40.

KJV likes this.
  11. heartlandcruisers

heartlandcruisers

this is my wagon i have been working on be it it is a side project but when done the steering wheel will be a fully functioning handle and the baby seat in the back will tilt back and be able to be used as shelving for carrying stuff i also am going to swap the wheels with something different heels on it are just for mockup and not going to be used hopefully i can get inspired from this build challenge to finish this thing hope it helps get the buildoff going i would enter but miens already started if i can start with this then im all in let me know
    52605_88b2abb96bb9c9197d800d8c6e0e758d.jpg

RustyGold and KJV like this.
  12. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

I wouldn't mind a bit. I'd just hope no one tries to jump in with a finished build...

Carl.

heartlandcruisers likes this.
  13. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Well there's a few of us so far...
    Pushie Pirate, Mazdaflyer, A.S.BOLTNUT, Falstaff, Rusty Gold, OddJob, Blackout, heartlandcruisers and me make 9. Looks like most of us have wagons (although I'm still looking for a pedal car) We'll see what we can do...

Carl.

KJV and MazdaFlyer like this.
  14. MazdaFlyer

MazdaFlyer

I'm trying to imagine this sled with wheels...AKA all/terrain wagon...[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGold, OddJob, KJV and 1 other person like this.
  15. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

A buddy of mine had one like that with wheels when we were kids , he had a big hill on the side of his house we used to spend all day bombin..down that hill ...ah the good ole days !

KJV likes this.
  16. Falstaff

Falstaff

I'm not sure I'm in on this one or not. I like the idea, but all I have right now is a beat up old kett car. Been trying to find a wagon at a good price for a while.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    KJV likes this.
  17. heartlandcruisers

heartlandcruisers

awesome then im in and i will not touch this until i know for sure the build off will start this things far from done in fact the only thing that is most likely not going to change is the axle relocation even those will have to be removed though and better supprted im thinking an all out chassis might work but then my limit to hand tools and knowledge and fab skiils crushes that theory nonetheless i am in if we get this going

18. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

All mine are for sale , got costly car repairs to take care of..

19. KJV

KJV

will send you a pm, with pics of a wagon or two,, for consideration:
    later tonight or tomorrow

Falstaff likes this.
  20. Falstaff

Falstaff

So I posted a pic of this dragster, does anyone think a build like this WOULDN'T fit the parameters of this challenge?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017