pedal scraper for the boy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
well.....heres what ive got so far
a 2" custom made wheel(just a sneek peek! itll be gone in 2 minutes :wink: )
GONE!
notice that theres only 1 valve stem? thats because i didnt take the easy way out and just weld 2 hoops together.
heres the frame(for now)...
boysframeandwheels001.jpg

and some bars i was going to use on my frame until he saw them and stole them from me!
boysframeandwheels002.jpg

more to come after the pinewood derby chaos is over!

sensor said:
more to come after the pinewood derby chaos is over!

Yep. My boys and I cut out the cars last night and sanded them down. We also buffed the wheels and polished the axles.

come on man no pics what gives with that? i don't believe it till i see it and iduno bout welding two rims together being easy i did it and although i would not call it super hard truing one is a challenge for sure. good luck with the bike

karfer...there WAS a picture...you just didnt see it when it was up. it was just a tease since they werent finished(ill post another when theyre in primer)
hoeha...thats happened before so i dont post stuff until its finished now. good luck trying to figure how i did it out :p theyre gonna look factory made when finished :mrgreen:
pic SHOULD be up within the next week(just finishing the metalwork and getting ready for primer as time allows)

But, when it's finished and you post it, people will still be able to steal your idea... What difference does that extra week or so make?
I've just posted the design of my next project:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37482&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15
I always like the extra input you get from other forum members who point things out to you, or give extra ideas.

But ofcourse, you should do whatever feels right for you. i'm patient :)

since i know how much you guys like pictures....
for your consideration: 1 hand made 20x 2 1/4" wheel(made to look like a dh100 rim) thats a 24 x 2 1/2" wheel next to it for size comparison.
jdogswheels004.jpg

jdogswheels007.jpg

and best part is the hub for this is on its way now so it gets laced soon :mrgreen:

thanks....and yeah,any size and width they make tires for.
im just glad that i found a hub so quick(thanks again simpleman!) since i cant start the frame until the wheel is laced(you know....gotta have a chain line and width for the stays :wink: )....although it did give me some time to give my jig a serious update

.... you wernt liein when you said it would look factory! :shock: what tyres are those? :?:

nick_ish its a eastern FUQUAY FLYER that my lbs had on clearance for 20 for the set(its just for mock up since i stole it off his boadtracker)
i know its not much of an update but got the hub laced in(yeah i know my valve stems off...thatll be changed when i roll the spokes to the right size since i messed up and had them cut to long and its a 4 cross for now :x ....but up side is i got to buy a cool little tool!
oh yeah pics :oops:
jdogswheels013.jpg

jdogswheels012.jpg

not to happy with the flat square look on these tires(as well as the whites arent large enough for me either) so im gonna talk to a buddy at the tire shop and see if he thinks i can safely shave the whites up another 1/4-3/8" and round the tread out...

finally uploaded some old pictures so heres some teasers....
handlebars(well....thats what they started out as!)...
IMG_0325.jpg

fork legs,drop outs,and chain/seat steays(all just in rough out stages then)....
IMG_0324.jpg

and some frame work...
IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

and the boy getting busy!
IMG_0316.jpg

Plan 9 Customs proudly supports the next generation of custom builders :mrgreen:

well....slight(HAHAHA) addition of pics....had to make some new bars since the clubmans were to low for the boy....
IMG_0333.jpg

so it was some 'keystones' for him....yeah i know...the gaps off in that pic but they were just rough tacked to figure out how much pull back was needed for him to be comfy(they be fitted properly and all the welds be filed and finished off now :wink: ).....
i even had a few spare seconds to shoot some off topic pics( 26" X 70 or 75mm wide wheels for my next build in the early stages....sorry dont recall now :roll: and something to keep me bouncing!)
IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

i guess i may start a thread for that one as well when its done....why all the odd ball sizes on the wheels i make? well if it was an 65,80,100mm wide i could just buy one....same for the 20 x 3's thats why i made 20 x 2 1/4"....

chimichanga said:
Awesome build man! It's inspiring me to build one for my godson.
thanks chimi.....and DO IT!!! theres nothing better than building something for a kid(well aside from them wanting to learn how to build themselves and getting in and helping)......if you have any questions feel free to shot me a pm....im always willing to help answer any questions i can

Latest posts

Back