pedal cars!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few, but no pics so far. I also have this print that I think is really cool! Would have loved to have picked this place!

pedal.jpg

Here's one of my dads. I think it's a 1935 Fire Chief. My dad bought this car from a 75 year old woman that got it from her dad who received it for his 6th birthday and he always kept it inside the barn.

bmkxebRu76yXolkRFIXf6A+490x275.jpg

dBiG7S8nabv8JrD5RMUqvw+490x275.jpg

arpicker said:
Here's one of my dads. I think it's a 1935 Fire Chief. My dad bought this car from a 75 year old woman that got it from her dad who received it for his 6th birthday and he always kept it inside the barn.

bmkxebRu76yXolkRFIXf6A+490x275.jpg

dBiG7S8nabv8JrD5RMUqvw+490x275.jpg

WOW! That is a piece of art! 8)

Thanks! He's had it for as long as I can remember.. It was in one of the sheds that a tree fell on in a huge storm last year. It bent the metal down on the roof less than a foot away from the car.. Had it been sitting a little to the left it would've been crushed. Lucky I guess

I don't have any pedal cars YET, but I do have a pedal wagon. It is a AMF Junior Chain Drive Wagon. I have had this since I was 5-6 years old. I have a picture of me riding it back in 1963, I will post that when I find it. I am 54 years old now have hung on to it ever since. 48 years or so. It is still in great shape. It even lasted thru my son playing with it as a kid. (He did not get to play with it much) Sorry Bubba!!! It has a plate that fits over the top of it and turns it into a regular wagon. Leo
014.jpg

WOW! that is the koolest wagon I've ever seen. We are about the same age and I have never seen one like it, obviously your parents had better taste in toys than mine. ha!

Just some advice, if you're thinking of doing a pedal car and unless you can get one local for real cheap, don't bother with the ones people are selling on ebay for stupid $$$. It's rusty junk compared to what you can get brand new:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ProductSu ... 9&deptId=0

Plus unpainted, new metal that needs no filler or bodywork is worth the amount of time you save. Good luck.

pedal car hybrid!

I've acquired assorted neglected/discarded/abandoned/unwanted wheeled toys over the past year. Using my new cut off wheel, and some black primer, I "reduced, reused, and recycled" them into a cool new toy.

I started with rusty,crusty , broken kettler car and a wallyword made-in-china, like these:
pedalcarcombo_zps11be302a.jpg

(they were not shiny and pretty like these pictures- the pedal car was rusting in a neighbor's front yard missing steering wheel and windshield. The kettcar was at a thrift store with a rusted solid chain and broken plastic everywhere.)

New cutoff wheel, and left over black spray primer, and a few bolts gets this:
pedalratrod1_zpsc446d846.jpg

pedalratrod2_zpsdede2fac.jpg

a new bike chain (who could have one of those?) made it running again. Using Kilz gets a crude white wall going, and metallic silver makes wheels and a new front bumper.

Leobeerguy said:
I don't have any pedal cars YET, but I do have a pedal wagon. It is a AMF Junior Chain Drive Wagon. I have had this since I was 5-6 years old. I have a picture of me riding it back in 1963, I will post that when I find it. I am 54 years old now have hung on to it ever since. 48 years or so. It is still in great shape. It even lasted thru my son playing with it as a kid. (He did not get to play with it much) Sorry Bubba!!! It has a plate that fits over the top of it and turns it into a regular wagon. Leo
014.jpg

That is really cool. I'd never seen one either. It's like a flintstones wagon.

I don't have any pedal cars but here is a cool vintage picture of one from 1967. I own the station wagon on the left and when I bought it from the original owners they dug through all their photos and gave me all the ones showing the car. The kid in the pedal car is the son of the original owner and the guy I bought the car from.

440_20.jpg

Re: pedal car hybrid!

clerkkent said:
New cutoff wheel, and left over black spray primer, and a few bolts gets this:
pedalratrod1_zpsc446d846.jpg

pedalratrod2_zpsdede2fac.jpg

That is awesome! I've always dreamed of making an adult sized pedal car.

Here is a friends Christine pedal car and she did everything on it, there is tons of cool details including a radio & other fun stuff like working lights.

She changed it by adding better stuff every once & awhile.
jrx.jpg

jrcl005.jpg

kar02.jpg

P1010001.jpg

fin011.jpg

Ppa06.jpg

jrbk002.jpg

Great pedal cars guys! I have an early 50's pedal car that I bought which I was going to make into a custom trailer for my bike, but i abandoned the project and tossed it into the woods behind my girl's parents house. I'll post a picture of it in the future. :roll:

Redd said:
Great pedal cars guys! I have an early 50's pedal car that I bought which I was going to make into a custom trailer for my bike, but i abandoned the project and tossed it into the woods behind my girl's parents house. I'll post a picture of it in the future. :roll:

You're kidding me, better go bring it home.You might be throwing away money.

Latest posts

Back