PAY IT BACK new pics 8/09 ITS DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PAY IT BACK updated 6/22

i will try to remember. if you read this call me at some point tomorrow wed to remind me. and as for the pics iduno it is kinda fun keeping you in suspense like this lol. oh yea i gotta take a shoe photo too huh?

karfer67 said:
oh yea i gotta take a shoe photo too huh?

Go ahead, I dare ya!........I "double" dare ya! :lol:

hey karfer! DONT worry about bringing those tomorrow(i felt kinda bad about asking you to hang around after work on account of me when your doing me a favor!) i tried calling to tell you not to sweat it but couldnt get through...just in case you dont see this ill call you tomorrow to tell you so you dont waste your time! thanks again :mrgreen:
and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wheres the new pics?!?!?

still waiting for those pictures!!! :cry:
hey....i found a guy about 20 miles north of me thats got a HUGE amount of old bikes,frames,seats,wheels and such.......
ive been trying to call you to see if there was anything youre looking for or if you wanted to go take a look with me but your voice mail isnt set up :x CALL ME if you see this(might be well worth your time(heres what i saw of the things he had NOT in his garage.....50 corvette,52 dx,24" dx, a hiawatha frame,cleveland welding frame and a straight bar track bike........and he said hes got about 25-50 more :mrgreen: and tons of hubs,spokes, seats,and wheels :shock:

thanks for the heads up buddy and i finally got a new phone charger so feel free to call me. also i left my camera at the shop so thats why i have not updated. i know i have been lazy i have not been feeling too good with all the smoke and now 100 plus temps. but i gathered some new parts to put the fork together and should have it done in a week or so. i think you will all be impressed.

wow and it keeps getting worse with the heat. darn 110 today whew i am melting. oh yea hey thanks for comming by the shop that was cool sorry i was so busy i would have liked to talked longer but being i am the only one it seems like who knows where stuff is in the shop i am called upon a lot. you guys should come out on the second sat ride the next one is july 12th. anyways for my fans i promise i will post some new pics tonight.

finally got around to finishing off the front wheel tensioning it all up got the tire mounted now onto the rear. also started removing the paint off the chain guard but the metal under it is not too good so i think i might just paint it flat black and do some striping on it. and yea yea i know no pics yet sorry trying to get a hold of the computer at home for 5 min is a trick these days and when i do the darn dial up acts up and wont let me upload. grrrrrrr sorry i know i prommised pics and i will delieve as soon as i can.

got your camera at work? i can bring a usb port with me when i come for some parts today and a memory card to so i can post them for ya if you want!

darn it no i dont sorry i should have thought of it.

ok kiddies finally some updated pics. first off the front wheel all done looking sexy

002.jpg

this is a shimano hub of unknown age i just thought that it matched the feel of the build with all the holes
003.jpg

finally a detail shot of the spokes and yes those are gold nipples gotta have some bling

004.jpg

i coped out i know i prommised that everything on the bike was going to be metal polished but i need to spend more time on the fork and the metal when i removed the paint from the chain guard and kick stand was not so pretty so i decided to shoot them with metal specks copper. figured it would go well with the gold parts i am using.

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

now the real fun begins the fork. it will be a sort of severly modified schwinn style springer i guess you will all have to hang with me for more info on it. i started with the base aka the lower crown and piviot. it is made out of two 1/2 steel plates that were welded together and squared off then tack welded together for shaping. this is where i started.
007.jpg

009.jpg

then the corners were cut off so that it could be rounded off. but there is more i wanted both halfs to also be round from the side as well so here is where it gets interesting. once the corners were rounded i started working on the side angles
010.jpg

finish polishing the halfs

011-1.jpg

bling bling

012-1.jpg

starting to look like something well.... maybe

013-2.jpg

final pic for now. then the two halfs are split and the upper welded to the steer. you will all have to wait and see what happens with the lower half :D

014-1.jpg

Re: PAY IT BACK new pics 7/15

your not missing anything with the frame other than it has rusted a bit because i am waiting till it is all mocked up to polish and clear the frame. however since these were taken much more has been done to the fork and it is taking shape. thanks on the wheels i really dig the color combo myself now i just have to lace the rear and i am golden.

got the fork mostly done now and finally got the rear wheel all laced up. i have a ton of pics to upload and will start tonight if i can grab the computer away for awhile.

sorry i could not get the computer last night long enough to get any posted. thanks sensor for your worry she is fine thank goodness and she is letting me spend as much time with building pay it back as well because i think she realized that it means a lot to me. nothing is more important than her but she sees how much time has gone into it so far and how it would be wrong to stop me now.

Latest posts

Back