PAY IT BACK new pics 8/09 ITS DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PAY IT BACK

i am going to take new pics today of the frame it is mostly free of paint now and i started polishing the frame. i also am getting ready to make the tank insert but i have to start with a mock up before transfering it into the copper i am going to use. should be interesting never really worked with it. brass yes copper no and yea i know it is softer should be fun. i am really excited about this bike it has a look that i have never done and in my mind it is right. thanks for all the positive feedback more to come stay tuned :D

I am kicking my self for not picking up a bendix 2spd manual at the swap last weekend. I should of bought it for $20 but I had spent my budget.

payitback613016.jpg

ahh what a beautiful mornning to work on a bike

payitback613018.jpg

much more progress with the polishing

payitback613020.jpg

getting in there to sand sucks hmmm how to gain more access?

payitback613023.jpg

whack ahhh much better

payitback613025.jpg

now sanded shmmmmooth

payitback613026.jpg

now is where it gets interesting sorry guys i am going to have to come up with another trophy cause i have an idea

payitback613028.jpg

no sir good guess you will see as soon as the pics upload where i am going

payitback613030.jpg

more mock up pics out in the sun

payitback613039.jpg

getting mo shinny

payitback613037.jpg

the start of the one of a kind springer i am going to make hehe

okay......now ive gotta see this springer!!
wish you would have ask about the tubes though i had a pacific schwinn i cut apart that i wouldve given you :cry:

The stance on the bike REALLY looks good!........Please, please, be careful you don't "poke" an eye out while making that springer!...............Actually, you'd look pretty cool with an eye patch (jk). :wink: ...Nah, It wouldn't be worth it!

sensor did you see the first pic of the doner frame she was a gonner anyways. and no it wont go that high i am just starting to make the fork just thought i would toss it on there to start and see where i want them to sit. just got the bendex 2 spd hub back together and found a neat front hub finally so i should have the wheels built in a week or so

i use spray on strippers in the aerosal can. i think its called insta strip. it takes it a few minutes to work but when the paint bubbles up i hit it with a pressure washer.very cool thing your doing.

finally got all the paint off now i need to work on the fork. got some new pics i will try to upload tonight if the darn dial up holds out. gotta run hackin and weldin ya know

oh no my friend that is a figure of speach only nice tight little arches back and forth back and forth.

Latest posts

Back