PAY IT BACK new pics 8/09 ITS DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PAY IT BACK

yes it is a threadless fork that can be cut down like any other fork. what makes it different is the intigrated stem setup but it looks too modern on this bike. and the brake fluid is for my truck lol. oh and you can never have too many :mrgreen:

well it does make for a decent paint remover :D oh yea shhhh it is for my new top secret power assist coasterbrake i have planed :mrgreen:

no fear after i tossed that fork on there i sat back and a few things went through my head. first it looks too modern cause it is billet. and second that sensor and hooch are going to rip me for it because it is billet :lol:

karfer67 said:
and second that sensor and hooch are going to rip me for it because it is billet :lol:
i was referring to the wheel sitting on the ground in this pic.....
karfer67 said:
payitback011.jpg

ah now i see again no worries. that is the spare off my buddy's chevy truck. funny thing is the wheels are the only bling thing on it otherwise it is a beat up work truck. dont fear it is nothing to do with my stuff. but i am still going to do something totally different with the fork and i think i am going to have to make the whole thing should be intersting

okay......good to hear that its not yours!
well ive had an idea for a springer fork that i havent got around to building yet ill send you a picture of what i was thinking if you want to use it

i like that idea but you know i have to do something even more edgy i have it in my mind now i just need some money to get tubing. tonight i am working on rebuilding the hand shift bendex 2 spd hub i will be using they are actually really simple inside and polishing it is really the most consuming part. oh and if any of you have wondered what color she will be your looking at it raw polished metal

Great of you to build for the kid. Give him a real bike with some personality. Raw metal is always nice. Are you going to clearcoat it or just oil it?

yes it will be cleared because i am polishing the metal. i thought about leaving it rough but last night i was trying different compounds and ohhhhh it looks neat shinny.

been bussy sanding and polishing the frame got her lookin good i tried to upload some pics the other night but was having issues with photobucket. i will try again tonight

here are a few new pics more sanding and some parts i am going to use

013.jpg

payitback013.jpg

015.jpg

019-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

KARFER, You are a sweet dude. Props to you doin; that for the kid. Can't wait to see it done!

Latest posts

Back