PAY IT BACK new pics 8/09 ITS DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PAY IT BACK new pics 7/15

Hey karfer,

I PM'd you with regards to the Cream Colored Felt Quick Brick tires (Brown ones too). Any chance you have a set of each? Please let me know.

Also, do they make those two colors in Thick Brick too?

LMK, and kepp the Build going! Can't wait to see it done!

Joe

yes honey i pmed you about the avalibility on those tires. and i am happy my boss said i can use the comp at work to upload pics so i will start tonight after work. there are around 50 lol

ask and ye shall recive

adamsbike035.jpg

adamsbike036.jpg

adamsbike037.jpg

adamsbike038.jpg

adamsbike039.jpg

adamsbike040.jpg

adamsbike041.jpg

adamsbike042.jpg

adamsbike044.jpg

adamsbike046.jpg

adamsbike048.jpg

adamsbike049.jpg

adamsbike050.jpg

adamsbike051.jpg

adamsbike052.jpg

thought the ol brooks seat looked a little plain so i decided to change it a bit

adamsbike053.jpg

adamsbike054.jpg

adamsbike055.jpg

adamsbike056.jpg

the finished seat added a little black to it

adamsbike057.jpg

got the rear wheel all laced up with the ol bendex hand shift 2 spd hub

adamsbike058.jpg

painted the pedals the same color as the accents but it needed more

adamsbike060.jpg

thats better

adamsbike061.jpg

adamsbike063.jpg

Re: PAY IT BACK tons of new pics 7/22

adamsbike064.jpg

one of the things that is a theme on this bike is not being able to keep anything stock so there went the writing on the stem and polished the top

adamsbike065.jpg

now we are getting serious

adamsbike066.jpg

adamsbike068.jpg

adamsbike069.jpg

adamsbike070.jpg

adamsbike071.jpg

off with the seat post top

adamsbike073.jpg

shock mount

adamsbike075.jpg

getting the idea?

adamsbike076.jpg

adamsbike077.jpg

the second set of tubes going up are actually solid steel and were needed because the schwinn steel was flexing too much

That is wild. Amazing idea and execution. How does it work? does it spring both ways?

For sure a riding pic :mrgreen:

adamsbike078.jpg

these are old schwinn speedster bars dated 1954. i really like the way they sit on her but they are the large clamp and i need 7/8ths hmmm what to do

adamsbike079.jpg

hmmmmm

adamsbike080.jpg

oh yea CHOP

adamsbike081.jpg

narrow the bars weld them back together and there ya are!!!

adamsbike082.jpg

adamsbike083.jpg

adamsbike084.jpg

adamsbike085.jpg

cman yes it is all adjustable from rebound to how stiff it compresses on the first part of the stroke then you can change the later part of the stroke dampenning as well. oh yea and see those holes in the lower crown? they can all be used to change the angle of the fork so if he wants it to be all chopper out stick the lower bolt through the front bolt although i like it where it is now

got to hand it too you karfer, you got plenty o f tricks up your sleeve !!! :shock:

kind of looks like a rhinocerus too

man thats sweet! looks much better in steel than on paper :mrgreen:
guess if i actually do this next year im gonna have to make everything but the frame :shock:
now those are the 'mad skillz' i was waiting to see!

it works great and like i said it is all adjustable so if he wants to make it a chopper he can or bring it back like it is now. once the bike is more or less done then the shock can be adjusted fully. and no it does not make my radio reception worse it actually makes it better!! now comes the fun part take it back apart and polish everything up clear and stripe.

Very, very creative! ......How's the tank insert coming along?

spent today taking the fork apart and cleanning up all the welds for final polish. got the front light mount done and i am quite proud of it but you will all have to wait for pics on that one. in sacramento there is a place called blue collar hardware that has all the sheet metal stuff. they also have copper and i have been after a peice for a long time and no luck. we were driving home down a road rarly traveled and i saw a sign for a sheet metal place. stop in and the guy was nice enough to find me a scrap peice and so there ya are. i have not had a chance to cut it yet but at least i finally found one that is half the battle.

Looks good, cool fork design and I really like the pinstriping.

Latest posts

Back