PAY IT BACK new pics 8/09 ITS DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PAY IT BACK

That kid is one lucky little guy. Way to go. Keep going. Can you imagine the look on his face when you tell him it's his...You got to take a picture when you give it to him. Then put it on here. Good job.

karfer67 said:
oh no my friend that is a figure of speach only nice tight little arches back and forth back and forth.
guess were even for the joke i didnt get about the paint on the kids bike!
either that or your tongue was in your cheek when typing that :wink:
i always did figure 8s if i had to run beads.......now i know youve got to have some progress shots by now!
post em... post em! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

as requested some updated pics of the bike

001-1.jpg

yes those are brown felt tires hehe

015-1.jpg

yet another mock up

008.jpg

way old chain guard, and rear mount kickstand i scored as well as other neat parts.

013-1.jpg

final pic for now and finally starting to look like something

neither can i next up will be lacing the wheels, and getting the fork closer to compleated. once that is done then it will be taking it all back apart for final polishing and clearing. and thanks to all for the nice comments they really keep me going when i am down.

karfer67 Do you have any spare parts for that hub. I have the same hub but it has the threaded rod broken inside the hub. I need the threaded rod and the little sliding piece that it threads into. I like the tires you chose. The whols thing looks great.

sorry no spare parts for the hub. and yes matching holes will be cut into the tank insert which i am going to make out of sheet copper.

Re: PAY IT BACK updated 6/22

nope it will be fine i was a bit bummed when the original rip strips broke while i was trying to remove them but i think if i just double them up i will be ok. and that is how this rim was designed they are early 80's araya mongoose rims

finally got the front wheel laced up and yes i took pics but i could not get a hold of the comp last night to load the pics so you will have to wait. i am going to try and lace up the rear today after work if time allows. all i can say is polished, blk and gold :D

cool! looking forward to seeing the rear wheel all done(btw.....did you use the front hub you had at the shop? im hoping you did :mrgreen: )

the one that looked liks swiss cheese? yes sir i did. :mrgreen:

sweet! thats the one :mrgreen:
btw you work on thursday? if you dont have plans after work i can take a drive down(sorry.....yesterday was the nieces b-day that i forgot about :oops: ) if you still have the hub and chain

Latest posts

Back