parts cleaning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw some one had a post on best bike cleaner recently. I never thought I would have a preference but I accidentally left this kick stand soaking in a batch of straight Simply Green for a few days. It did a great job cleaning it up. Only had to take a tooth brush to a couple of crevices. The top was just as bad as the bottom. You can actually see the line were it was not soaking.

I tried once to use straight purple power in a parts washer it worked great for removing all the paint from inside the new washer but extremely hard on hands without gloves and begins to not work well after cleaning several greasy parts but I bet it would be great for soaking a few bicycle parts but keep check if you want to keep the paint

As I think can be seen the original silver paint seems to be still there except were it is scratched off from normal wear. I think it was soaking for 4 days or so.

As I think can be seen the original silver paint seems to be still there except were it is scratched off from normal wear. I think it was soaking for 4 days or so.
Looks like it worked really well I was just warning about the purple power there is so many degreasers out and some do more damage than good

Latest posts

Back