• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Panther Straight Bar Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about doing my first rat rod klunker build for over a year now, looking at different bikes I finally decided to go for it based on some Panther builds I saw on this site, I love the curved and straight bar combo.

So I am looking for a early 50's panther frame to kick off my build. What's the best way to get one of these, I see a few on EBAY but they are north of $200 is that a normal price, seems kind of high to me?

If you have one and are interested in selling please let me know.

I have two Schwinn straight bars that I've gotten local(-ish)...one from a garage sale, the order from a CL ad. Both double digits on the price. I'm not in a region where such bikes litter the sidewalks and flow to the local scrapyard like a river. They are few and far between around here...and often overpriced. Just takes patience and constant CL monitoring :nod:.

eBay is more of a convenience store with inflated prices (you can occasionally get lucky there, as well).

Good luck and welcome to RRB :thumbsup:
Jason

I lack patience as well...so, I've substituted stubbornness, of which, I have an abundance. Basically, I only try to buy if it is a 'good deal', so I'm not looking for the best price on 'brand X', I'm looking for the best deal regardless of whether it is X, Y, or Z.

This means the odds of ever getting some of my Grails is remote (as there is little chance I'm going to stumble on a cheap silverking (though I missed one by only a few hours a couple weeks ago), or I miss out on a great deal just because the guy won't come down $5 (a Brooks B66 with chrome frame/springs for $35 I missed out on at a swap meet weekend before last :headbang:).

Good luck,
Jason

I may have gotten lucky seems like a good deal, debating if its worth a tank of gas, $50

00y0y_41nVIiZLv0R_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I searched out my straight bar for 8 months. Sure, a lot came up I’m that time period, it I was patient to get a price I felt fair. When the time and price is right, you’ll find one

IMG_1143.JPG

Dude, if you're set on a straight bar, I have a plethora of different Columbia versions I'd part with if you'll pick em up in NJ. I have some different tanks as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back