ORBO SkiTrap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you need is a few upgrades & you will have one of these bad boys
[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's freakin' awesome!!!!
Actually been thinking about doing a tracked build the past couple weeks, something along the line of a tracked bicycle version of a deuce and a half. Big and heavy I know, but it would be cooler than dangit.:rockout:

What will they think of next . That's pretty cool looks like it would be a blast at a ski area on groomed trials. Going down hill of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it out on the trail.
de21da325e91a83cc4199a32bb04cb60.jpg
49d6d1710d45c2d2cfab3c1806cf3488.jpg
c5958c0e2cf009c65c3602a5763091a8.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Got it out on the trail.
de21da325e91a83cc4199a32bb04cb60.jpg
49d6d1710d45c2d2cfab3c1806cf3488.jpg
c5958c0e2cf009c65c3602a5763091a8.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
Looks good! Bigger tire now on the front? Great off-road shot...keep em in case / when the snow melts for your final pics....

Looks good! Bigger tire now on the front? Great off-road shot...keep em in case / when the snow melts for your final pics....
I honestly don't know what size the tires are, I didn't look. The front has more of a smooth center tread with knobbies on the edges, I left the studded tire on the rear because it took a while to find bearing cups that fit the head tube. Apparently Ross frames had odd sizing.

Glad you are enjoying this cool bike. Looks like a blast to ride. A bit cold up there .

The new name fits it. [emoji106]

Building... riding...

Glad you are enjoying this cool bike. Looks like a blast to ride. A bit cold up there .

The new name fits it. [emoji106]

Building... riding...
Was cold, caught the edge of the snow storm. Gonna be upper 30's low 40's this week, with my week off I can get some decent pics and finally start on my granddaughters bike.

I see "Olin" on that ski looking piece...what is that exactly? I mean, I know Olin is a ski manufacturer, but it doesn't look like a ski? How about an actual downhill ski (wish I was home, I have two old pair destined for this very thing, I could send a chunk) cut off, use the about 2' of the tip end and use hose clamp or something similar to just strap it to the wheel, with the tire on it? Then it would flex and camber to the snow as you pedaled along....
I can't help myself: "I want my two dollars!!" Please forgive me.

You guys are way ahead of me...no idea what that reference is.:crazy2:
It's from a John Cusak movie called "Better of dead"
Newspaper boy wanted his collection money, chased the guy around on his bike saying I want my two dollars.

It's a cheesy movie, but funny too.

More pics today, nice and warm for a ride.
1aedb4adbedb8c017b83abfde266da14.jpg

81ce64dd6bed47749d479ef0cce360e4.jpg

7debd74de33bddb353807849054e38a1.jpg

51a4dedf5f216881327febf2901f029c.jpg

Whenever the finished thread goes up, one of these may be my final photo.
I like that first one in this thread. That's a money shot for sure. Aren't you glad you jumped in? Your build turned out really cool! Great frame, great parts mix, and all the chrome and black look really good together...:thumbsup:

I like that first one in this thread. That's a money shot for sure. Aren't you glad you jumped in? Your build turned out really cool! Great frame, great parts mix, and all the chrome and black look really good together...:thumbsup:
Thanks Lee, I think that top pic will be the final. Unless I get it out for more before the build off is over.

And yes, I'm happy I got involved in this one. I've been having fun riding this bike.

Latest posts

Back