(ORBO) Mesa Büggie : BACK40 Old and New = Rat-isfaction! pg 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
This will be a challenge. All my tools and building space are 2000 miles away. Thanks to my son and former colleagues at the LBS, what I have that can be used on this build will be boxed up and shipped from the frozen tundra of the north to the arid desert of the southwest.
Since last Spring when I joined the BO-10 and got wind of a klunker/bmx/dirt build happening this Winter, I have been formulating this build in my mind. And, it has been driving me crazy! Now, watching all these builds get under way has really gotten under my skin!

So, without further ado (oh, there will be much more "ado"...that's just my MO) I bring you "Mesa Büggie". Honoring my Norske heritage, my current location in Mesa, AZ, and my love of riding year round; whether it be dirt, snow, or sand.

This is what I will be building around: a sweet 1" fat fork I picked up at Arizona Wholesale Bikes, a custom cruiser shop only a couple miles away....that's what I call karma. :grin: Rat on my f-Rat-ernity bruthas and sista! Rho Alpha Tau baby!

It didn't take much to entice you into having a good time , Party on ! Now that's dedication having your parts shipped south just to get in on the action & build another cool bike ... Maybe you should have named it Snow Bird Lol . Enjoy the warm weather [emoji560]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah G, Snow Bird did cross my mind...haha! I prefer the bird that flies TO the desert, not AWAY from the snow! Hopefully I can pull this off....

Will that fork fit a 26 x 4? It looks awfully wide buddy!

Glad to see you in the mix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! Just what the good Dr. ordered! This new shop I found down the road a piece has cruiser parts and fat cruisers with this fork, wide rims, and 26 x 4 tires. Mine will be knobby....of course! :wink1: It's ALIVE!

glad to see you couldn't resist:bigsmile:. i am a west coast transplant( born and raised in the san fernando valley), i sure wish i could escape this nasty cold and snow and ice..ect....

rlHDgEz.gif
Once that itch gets hold of you,all you can do is scratch it...
Good to see you have jumped in from the sidelines...

Alright alright alright

Looks like I should get started myself. I have one part I need to order, I have the rest in the junk pile in my garage.

I'll start a thread and post some pics today.

Oh and enjoy Mesa OJ, I use to live there. Not far from superstition springs mall. I miss it every time it gets cold.

Alright alright alright

Looks like I should get started myself. I have one part I need to order, I have the rest in the junk pile in my garage.

I'll start a thread and post some pics today.

Oh and enjoy Mesa OJ, I use to live there. Not far from superstition springs mall. I miss it every time it gets cold.
Enjoying it so far Falstaff! The only thing missing is tinkering with a bike build...about a week away from that commencing! My son and gf entered the frozen tomb that is BACK40 to excavate my frame and a few parts last night under the cover of darkness. Big fat wheel and tire on the way from Illinois and fat fork in hand. Should almost cover it...

Alright, well thought it might be time for an update. No parts here yet besides the fat fork; but this is on it's way....

Should be great for rolling over all the rocks, ridges, reptiles, and rodents in the sonoran desert....

Alright, well thought it might be time for an update. No parts here yet besides the fat fork; but this is on it's way....

Should be great for rolling over all the rocks, ridges, reptiles, and rodents in the sonoran desert....
Very meaty looking. [emoji106]

Can't wait to see the part that bolts to the fork...

Building... riding...

Another ¨ghost update¨ from near the Superstition Mountains in Mesa...
The frame in this picture (behind the wheels) is on itś way here as of tomorrow in a box with some other parts stashed in the BACK40 shed. Along with a new BB, bearings, headset, etc. Thanks to my kids and LBS service manager / friend / former colleague B-rad back in Minnesota; the "ice box" we call home...

Love that fatty wheel. Can't wait to see it on the straight bar.

Another ¨ghost update¨ from near the Superstition Mountains in Mesa...
The frame in this picture (behind the wheels) is on itś way here as of tomorrow in a box with some other parts stashed in the BACK40 shed. Along with a new BB, bearings, headset, etc. Thanks to my kids and LBS service manager / friend / former colleague B-rad back in Minnesota; the "ice box" we call home...
Assume your frame is the straight bar behind the wheels on the left, not the mystery frame behind the wheels on the right? But you are in the superstitions, a lot of mystery there.

If you just happen to stumble onto the lost Dutchmans mine remember, that's more money than anyone could spend so don't tell anyone..... except me, I looked for that thing week's.:21:

Haven't hiked that one yet Shakes-beer, but it's on the agenda! The hiking around here is second only to the mountain biking. Yeah, it's the straight bar. The other one is probably destined for next year's MBBO. It's a 24" wheeler...And the Columbia springer behind the straight bar frame is set for a '40s Monark frame that's in the wings...BO-'leven this summer.

Latest posts

Back