(ORBO) MasterSports/CyclePro revamp finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About time this showed up here, I have not done anything to it since I finished the heatsink back in January!

25907490420_ea9f37e276_h.jpg

This is basically my ultimate bike for when I was back in high school, light enough and small enough to throw around and skid, but strong enough to take the hits.

I didn't change anything with the frame/forks/cranks/stem and bars, they are exactly as they came from @kelvin hahnel when I received the bike off him, I added a layback post and an unbranded Gyes saddle, but the main focus of my attention was on the wheelset for this awesome ride.

I dug through my parts pile and found an original set of Araya 7X rims, the front was laced to a nice Sunshine high flange hub, so that was good, but the rear was offset laced to a 5 speed cluster, not only that but the rim was bent! I unlaced the rear and manage to slowly get it back to almost straight, and then laced it into a 'Hotrodded' KT Coaster hub using the Coaster Culture video as a reference, I was able to get the rear wheel nice and straight during the truing process. The tires were hard to find, I wanted some nice 'proper' gumwall tires, managed to find these 26x2.125 'Hwa Fong' made in Taiwan tires cheap and they fit the look perfectly, they also ride nice!

26154404316_505b59fd23_h.jpg

The 'Hotrodded' KT coaster rides really nice, easily the best coaster I have ever ridden on, but I wanted a little more, so built an aluminium heatsink for the brake, it seems to work really well, moves a lot of air when spinning, but I have yet to really try it out on a long decent.

25577708673_626f793711_h.jpg

The build thread can be found here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...orts-cyclepro-heatsink-done-and-fitted.96126/

I love riding this bike! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Ah, the elusive man-sized bmx bike, right down to the gumwalls. :cool2::cool2:.
:thumbsup: That is it! It rides like a BMX too! Perfect partner to my 'Joker' BMX from a couple of years ago...
Sweet Ride Luke! That custom heat sink is awesome. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Building... riding...
Thanks MC! I still have plans for V2.0 somewhere down the track...

Luke.

That heatsink is insane!

And across the line! Looks good! I am curious as to how much heat that sink dissipates, I wonder how hard it would be to do a test?

And across the line! Looks good! I am curious as to how much heat that sink dissipates, I wonder how hard it would be to do a test?
Just a matter of finding a big hill I guess!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back