(ORBO) "Jane" (Formerly Raceliner)-New Paint and Assembly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out tires are never gonna come in after a call to the web store. good thing i checked up on it. Ordered another set they had in stock so should be back on track in a few days. Ill start back on the frame tomorrow now that i have thing sorted for some much needed progress and pics....

Yeah the thickslicks look great for placeholders...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Came home to a beat up brown box with some tires in it. Threw the rear one on so i could mark and measure for stay bridges. Not too bad for the second choice tires. First choice was 26x2.4 CST BMF's but none in stock. Also got my BB adapter but the cranks i got from Chuck are siezed into the aluminum frame cut-off that they came in so looks like ill go another route lol thanks anyway bud. Maybe i can heat em up at work and try again...

Came home to a beat up brown box with some tires in it. Threw the rear one on so i could mark and measure for stay bridges. Not too bad for the second choice tires. First choice was 26x2.4 CST BMF's but none in stock. Also got my BB adapter but the cranks i got from Chuck are siezed into the aluminum frame cut-off that they came in so looks like ill go another route lol thanks anyway bud. Maybe i can heat em up at work and try again...

Good looking tire! I wonder if this build-off is the reason the CST tires are out of stock? I know there are a few using them!

Luke.

Klunk-liner has a nice ring to it, thinking of renaming it since someone gave me a hard time on naming it "raceliner"
I named my BO9 bike Raceliner, but I'm sure that I wasn't the first either. I'd say if you like it, keep it. :thumbsup: However, I do like the sound of Klunk-liner also (it seems to fit the concept).:39:

Looks cool with the new tires!

Thinking of dropping this one out of the orbo and going another route with a different build. Unless i can get away with changing frames... this frame has a bend in the chain side of the lower stays and i thought i could see past it, but the more i look at it the more it turns me away from this build.

So, frame change... or cancel this build to start another?

i have a cantilever frame id like to build up. also just got a worksman INB but might save that one for another build...

ANNNNNNND we're back! frame stripped and up on the table and diving right in...

Then chopped out the bridge and straight to widening the rear

And BOOM, wheel is in and plenty of clearance

Got a rail seat post and a clamp theat will be stripped

And this profile racing 42t sprocket i picked up at a swapmeet for $2 that i need to clean the faded annodizing off of...

Busy Sunday! That frame and rear wheel / tire looking good. What's the plan for the front end?

Same fork i built in the beginning of the thread. Id like to build a springer for it but might not have time. Other than that, gonna order a new saddle for it and only a few knick-knack things and hopefully be rolling by the weekend!

Latest posts

Back