(ORBO) BMX/MTB/BOMBER/KLUNKER BO .....VOTING FINISHED!......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, I am looking at the pics and I think the Nevegals are up there:

23552141245_bbb18d3aa1_z.jpg

23184303839_c82f967969_z.jpg

Certainly bigger gaps than the BFT:

23443695872_807e60d45a.jpg

Any way doesn't matter!
Glad I found these 2.5's in Stick-E compound for $30 AUD delivered, normally around $70-$80...

P.S.: I believe the "BFT" stands for "Big Front Tire".

Luke.

I've seen ads for the BFT that say "big front tire", but i doubt it' a front-specific, as CST doesn't seem to offer a rear-specific tire.

That being said, i do like front/rear specific tires. WBITD, Panaracer made the Dart/Smoke f/r combo--- Kenda is knocking those off these days. Same tread, same name, but way lower-quality compounds. I guess they licensed them from Panaracer, or else they're just flarantly knockin'm off... You can get those for about $20/set on niagara... http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/kenda-k816-smoker-tire-26-x-2-10-black-steel
http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/kenda-dart-tire-26-x-2-10-wire-bead-blackwall
I got a set on an industrial klunk; they're pretty good for the price, but skinnier than the labeled size of 2.1".

One of my favorite all-time mtb tires were the Kenda Kinetics--- stick-e compound, true 2.35" width, and they came front/rear specific. Awesome traction from those puppies.

Luke, i'll have to snap a photo of my BFTs next to my Nevegals...

Last edited:
this was a buildoff I actually wanted to participate in. but the one single part I had my mind set on, is no longer available.

this was a buildoff I actually wanted to participate in. but the one single part I had my mind set on, is no longer available.
No!!!
Can't get it second hand either?
Build whatever it is from scratch?
Enter anyway with a different plan?

I'm just wanting this build-off to be big and get the site hopping in the build up to the big Build-Off!

Luke.

that is funny. "wbitd" they made the dart and smoke. I remember putting those on my trek 820. I thought that was only a couple years ago.... seems like yesterday anyway.

Guess what? The sad truth is, yesterday was "way back in the day."

I gotta know what the part in question is....

you know whats funny... I learned to weld over 20 years ago. have a few certs, but I have no interest in fabricating bike stuff. its really cool what some of you guys do but for me there is already so much stuff out there that works for me. at least for the kind of bikes ive gotten into.

Thinking maybe we could have a mini build off inside the main build off... What I mean is anyone else thinking of themes? I'm seriously thinking of doing a zombie themed klunker, kind of a back from the dead idea. But if someone has another interesting theme, I could go that way too. At this point it's all paint and details... Anybody else?

Carl.
I have a post apocalyptic build in mind, wasn't planning on getting in on this klunker build off, but who knows.

I have to customize a banana peel for my oldest granddaughter, and a massive amount of designing for build off 11.

Maybe we'll see how the banana peel goes, if I get it finished in a couple weeks I might jump in here.

Ive been saying "no" in my head since day one, in regards to participating. But...... man I love Klunkers. No doubt that is what brought me here. The GF/ Joe Breeze / Alan Bonds style & history got me good. Even their paper flyers give me a tingle. Ive been sitting on what I think is a dx since the day I joined this site. I really should share & confirm. If it is, I will probably build it as initally intended, a homage to the roots, a la the "recipes" on Alan Bond's site. GF style hybrid with all the right parts (or at least period perfect) would be the goal

If anyone has missed them, I highly recommend going to klunkerz.net & checking out the og builds & history.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Almost everything has arrived for my builds now, including frame stickers...

23195515313_23902c4aa0_z.jpg

Like those stickers @OddJob? Just waiting on new sintered alloy pads for the callipers now and I have everything here ready to build!

Luke.

Almost everything has arrived for my builds now, including frame stickers...

23195515313_23902c4aa0_z.jpg

Like those stickers @OddJob? Just waiting on new sintered alloy pads for the callipers now and I have everything here ready to build!

Luke.
Oh yeah! They look nice and rugged.....like a dirt klunker should!

Latest posts

Back