(ORBO) BMX/MTB/BOMBER/KLUNKER BO .....VOTING FINISHED!......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting out well in advance here, but thinking about proposing an Adult sized BMX/MTB/Bomber/Klunker build-off for the January to April time slot 2016.

I know many builders on here have plans or ideas on a build in that genre, so I think many will join and make for a good Build-Off.

What do you guys and girls think?

BMX suitable for an adult to ride, can be set up for park/race/dirt/tricks whatever...
Klunker/Bomber/Hybrid/MTB... (anywhere from period correct early single speed coaster brake Bomber/Klunker to current carbon frame, hydraulic disc, full suspension Mountain bike)

This is not a build-off for your everyday cruiser, or your ride to the shops bikes... This is for bikes that are meant to be ridden hard and fast, jumped, skidded and abused!

Luke.

EDIT: The ORBO (OffRoadBuildOff) has started but the MBBO voting is still running, so there is no specific thread group up yet for the ORBO, in the meantime just start your thread in the regular builds section with the (ORBO) tag at the start of the title and when the MBBO voting is done I will move them into the new thread group on April 8 2016.

Last edited:
i liek the idea luke but i already started my klunker build. might have to tear it down and start over.
what are the rules gonna be on it?
i have a perfect candidate for a simple no frills klunker build. i can start over if thats ok. i kinda wana change it anyways
sean

thanks luke.
i guess ididn't see that part lol.
that's plenty of time away for me to find a good candidate.
i am thinking of restoring this one anyways after looking at it and seeing how clean and relatively good shape it is in.
either way i will be watching the buildoff when it happens even if i don't participte in it i like the idea.
sean

I might join this one , just have to find a good frame to start with , witch is kinda hard down here
remember the original sidewinder by Schwinn was pretty much a varsity! But, I may have a King Sting frame that has never been built!!

T

Starting out well in advance here, but thinking about giving the MuscleBike's a break next year and proposing an Adult sized BMX/MTB/Klunker build-off instead for the September to December time slot.

I know many builders on here have plans or ideas on a build in that genre, so I think many will join and make for a good Build-Off.

What do you guys and girls think?

Luke.
I now have to go look up what a klunker is. I kinda know which means I don't know.

- by Gigmata

Haha no kidding!!!But a klunker to me is a pre war to 70s fat tire frame that has been modified from its original stock state to endure downhill beatings.Klunkers were bikes built by some of the first adrenaline junkies that started what is mountain biking today.Just tried to post a youtube link to ''Klunkerz'' the video made about the early days of klunking but wont let me link it.But cant wait to see the entries for this build off!!

Yeah, that doc is on my "watch at least once every three months" rotation...

There's a couple more goodies on the tube under Butte Pass 1980 or something similar.

Latest posts

Back