(ORBO) BACK40 by LTJ, design by OJ. (ROLLING! But withdrawing from the build-off.)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool ! It does have awesome brutish look to it. Glad to see it's almost finished up .
Thanks Psycho!
Wicked cool Luke! Get the details how you want them. It's a winner as a roller though! Love the way that frame looks.
:thumbsup:
Looks great :)
Thanks Kel!
Good job !! looks like a sweet rider :rockout::113::praise:, sad to hear you won't make the dead line , but at the same time , better take time to make it right ... why not just call it a foot braker and enter it as is ?:giggle:
I thought about it...
You've built a frame that looks great, if the shipping wasn't so outlandish I imagine you could build a few more and sell them here.

Well done, can't wait to see it all painted and decaled.
:happy: Would love to build some more of these, but the sliding drops and plate steel chain stay adapters are a huge amount of work!
Great job as usually Luke . You killed the frame design . Like like a fun ride hide in t hard .
Thank you!
Luke, you pulled it off! The head and seat tube angles look good, just enough fork rake to cruise the downhills and the short rear stays have to be a climbers dream. You took a design scratched out on a piece of paper, incorporated new and old technology, and produced a gnarly looking bike that many a off-road rider would love to have and ride. Congrats! Whether it crosses the Finished line on this build off or not; it's a winner!
Thanks OJ! Glad you like it! Would not have been the same without your guidance!

Luke.

I did think about trying for the deadline with this build, even did the designing for the frame gussets, but I just wasn't up to the big push that would have been needed today to make it happen.

Progress will continue, next up will be the frame gussets to the seat tube, going to incorporate another of OddJob's ideas in there... each side will also have a bottle opener! :thumbsup:

Luke.

We do have that "Klunker" section in the "Other Bikes" forum. Maybe you could start up a highlighted build thread with a link back to here, and finish the bike there. I'd like to see it when it's done.

Carl.

We do have that "Klunker" section in the "Other Bikes" forum. Maybe you could start up a highlighted build thread with a link back to here, and finish the bike there. I'd like to see it when it's done.

Carl.
Yup

Latest posts

Back