Ooooze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its finally come time for me to build something new and out of my realm. I really cant see the practicality of building another tall bike having built three of them last year. No need for another vintage cruiser, I have two that have flat tires and dust on them. The kids sure dont need any more bikes. Between the two of them theres got to be at least 5 or 6 bikes. I sure dont need another skelasculpture sitting around here getting in the way. No... I think daddy needs a new toy. I have been eyeballin this yellowy gold columbia hangin in my rafters for two years, with bad intent. After all I did spend two cans of easy-off oven cleaner on it and a couple hours hard labor scraping all the gooey snot off. Yes folks time to don your safety goggles and break out with the sawzall. Im buildin my first stretched out custom knuckle dragger. I also will be using a 24 inch mongoose mt bike for the powertrain. Heres my donors.
oooooze2.jpg

oooooze1.jpg

Re: Oooooze

Since I've never made one of these bikes, I started by making cuts that are going to leave as much metal as possible. I also took a fork from a 26 in. frame and bent it to lower the angle of the front end. I think i've seen this trick done here before. Not bad for an hour or so worth of work.
oooooze.jpg

I also have the original headlight from this frame but everything is rusted up inside. So I decided to make some eyeballs in place of the light bulbs. Here it is welded up but not painted yet. You can also see my new cantilever tubes. I decided to make twin straight tubes like an early Typhoon.
oooooooze8.jpg

With just about all the welding done I decided to get a little paint on it so it can get a little beat up like the rest of the paint. Now im working on getting the saddle mounted and realized in order for me to ride this bike its going to have to be all the way back. Heres the seat im using. Its an electra and its extremely comfortable.
oooooooze12.jpg

oooooooze13.jpg

oooooooze14.jpg

Great build 8) 8) I'm diggin' the straight bars...and the cleaver.Looks FAST in the last pic.(The bike,not the cleaver)Keep up the great work :!:

Circa Cycles said:
Great build 8) 8) I'm diggin' the straight bars...and the cleaver.Looks FAST in the last pic.(The bike,not the cleaver)Keep up the great work :!:
Thanks! Wish I could use the cleaver for a shifter but my mother in law said I couldnt use it for that when she gave it to me. I promised I wouldn't so I'll stick to my word. Besides that knife is a really old antique. I was thinking about putting my logo on it and hanging it on the wall in my shop.

This is turning out really nice!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Ya know Tommy (yeah I'm watchin" you) I know this guy that builds bikes and skulls and stuff. He might be able to fab a cleaver (perhaps with a slightly less lethal edge) for a shifter handle.
Gizmo

Latest posts

Back