One Owner!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to buy this tonight. I found it on Craigslist about 60 miles from my house. It's nothing really special, a 1960 JC Higgins, 24" boys bike. The part I loved was the story from the owner. He told me and my daughter all about how excited he was Christmas morning back in 1960 when he was 10 years old and he saw this red bike waiting for him under the tree. He said his dad told him he had to take real good care of it because it was so expensive. He seems to remember his dad telling him it was over $15!! There is a little rust here and there and the fender stays have a few bends in them and I did find one small dent in the rear fender but overall it looks like he listened to his dad and took real good care of it all these years. In the next few days I have to find time to clean, grease and polish. My daughter is already too big for this but we'll still use it from time to time for short rides. The sellers face really lit up when we told him that we plan to use it!
stuff009.jpg

Nice story, great looking bike. Obviously it really meant something to the previous owner as he kept it all these years.

nice I really like it. its always nice to know the story and the life of the bike... all my bikes are rats and have multiple personalities.... haha

Latest posts

Back