One - Liner.....New Photos added...page 1!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fan of all of the TRM tank-based builds this year, but I can really appreciate all of your attention to detail on this thing.
Thanks Dave! You are a man of detail, so that means a lot!

It's almost the 11th hour builders! Nearly time to
'flame out'......
What a great build-off this has been!
IMG_20160607_163942.jpg
IMG_20160518_174629.jpg

Odd Job, you really nailed the patina look with this one.:cool2: Plus the stance and extras make me think it looks like an old racer 50s that you fixed up, just enough;).

From the video and seeing you ride at the swap meet, it looks like a great riding bike too, Sweet!!

Looking forward to riding our two nanner seat bikes together. I think we'll try my more flat neighborhood this time. My recumbent-style seating position would be too much work on the hills in your area :bigsmile:.

Great Job!

Odd Job, you really nailed the patina look with this one.:cool2: Plus the stance and extras make me think it looks like an old racer 50s that you fixed up, just enough;).

From the video and seeing you ride at the swap meet, it looks like a great riding bike too, Sweet!!

Looking forward to riding our two nanner seat bikes together. I think we'll try my more flat neighborhood this time. My recumbent-style seating position would be too much work on the hills in your area :bigsmile:.

Great Job!
Ready when you are! Thanks for the kudos, it means even more because you've actually seen the bike in person. *no camera tricks* :21:

Looking forward to a ride late August. We'll be all like laid back and bananary :bigsmile:. The fall ride is coming up in Sept too! Sorry I lost the pic I had of you at the swap meet when my computer crashed.

Yeah, its one thing to take photos but seeing the whole bike design and the details together makes a big difference. See you soon.

OddJob has been busy creating the OddJob Awards for Most Rat-isfying Rat Rods the last couple of days. And yes, you can tell there will be more than one winner......so many great rust-ifications that Rat-ed high on my scale this year!
20160801_082610.jpg

20160801_082817.jpg

The prize is a custom coffee-aged copy of an original ad page from the March 1964 Hot Rod Magazine. The ad is for the Weird-Oh model kits produced by Hawk Model Co. in Chicago, Ill. I had all of these kits as a kid (yes, the original issue...I'm that old) and proudly displayed them on the book shelf above my desk in my room. I found an attraction to them, and their witty descriptive ad phrasing, along with the crazy rods and goons that went with them!

Here is a shot of me, circa 1964, sitting at my desk with the models. I weeded, picked, and sold a lot of vegetables out of our massive garden on the farm to pay for these gems. We hauled them in a Radio Flyer wagon up and down our country road to our neighbors. It really is where 'rat rods' all got started for me....
Leedesk.jpg

Alright boys! It's time to cast those votes!
RAT ON!

Great bike and a great twist on the TRM tank. I have a feeling that the pics, which are nice, may not be doing this bike justice. I would love to see it in person and go over it with a fine tooth comb. Lots of little details and almost a bit of a Mad Max vibe. Congrats on a cool ride.

Great bike and a great twist on the TRM tank. I have a feeling that the pics, which are nice, may not be doing this bike justice. I would love to see it in person and go over it with a fine tooth comb. Lots of little details and almost a bit of a Mad Max vibe. Congrats on a cool ride.
Thanks GGdiii ! Those laundry tub strainer headlight covers with the flames coming out of them do look a bit daunting! :21: It is a sturdy rider and likes to go fast. The gearing combo (stock to the girl's frame) and slick tires really rolls.

The paint fade ( Rustoleum 'Fossil' ) into the faux-tina rust and real rust is something that only can really be appreciated in person, for sure. Thanks again, and I really dig your build....those creels and other adds are nice touches!

One-Liner was not only the first build-off bike completed in the confines of The BACK40 bike shed....it was also the first custom build that I have sold. A couple of months ago I met Nick Ringelstetter, a skateboard and street artist who is inspired by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth and others, at an art fair here in Minneapolis.

I struck up a conversation with him about my passion, and we began to talk about designs / features he would want in a rat rod bicycle. Interestingly, he found TRM's winning build from BO-9 on the net, and said," I'd like something like this."

BAM! One-Liner, with a couple of modifications (the cruiser saddle option I had already created as a seat for One-Liner, cream rear fattie, 700c road wheel with Thickslick road tire for the front). He picked up the bike and really loves it!

I fully expect him to give it his own 'twist' down the road....but here are a few shots of our exchange and a link to his store on Ebay so you can see how his art, and mine, found a common bond....

nickatomic7
http://www.ebay.com/usr/nickatomic7?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

leeinback40.jpg
nickandoneliner.jpg
Shelby Woody and One-Liner modified.jpg
swimbeachoneliner.jpg

Luke, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see something 'bicycle themed' out of Nick in the future.....can you imagine his interpretation of a bunch of our bikes and his characters in a collage ...?!

I'm digging the RedOne-Liner man!!!
If you miss it, you can always build another!
CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back