Olive Oil

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OliveOil_2019-01.jpg

So that's where you put my lost frame! Kidding! Good luck in the build off, can't wait to see how this one turns out after seeing the tandem

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

My only worry with Class 1 is that some may say it isn't fair to have a custom frame in there, but the final decision always lies with @Rat Rod anyway, he seems busy fixing forum email issues, so just run with it where it is and if it becomes an issue or someone complains we can deal with it then.
:thumbsup:

Cool frame! :rockout:

To me this is no different than using a Ruff frame, someone else built it.
You didn't build it, so I think it's kind'a fair to be in Class 1

Thanks for the support my fellow builders. I appreciate your opinions. If complaining should arise and it becomes a distraction, I really won't mind if they move me to Class 2 as It's not about "winning" for me. However, not being a fabricator of metals (wish I had the skills & the tools), that would put me at a distinct disadvantage to those who possess them. Bottom line is, I love bikes. I like building them as much as I like admiring all the wonderful, inspiring creations here at RRB.

Unc, you got a good thing going there!

There's something about a stance of a build, you know when it works by looking at it. Personally, I like that you aren't using a raked fork that would stretch it, and make it look like so many of those 'custom framed' bikes that are out there now. Don't get me wrong, those are cool. And I click on and ':heart:' at least 2-3 on Instagram every day! :wink1:

But the kind of 'cramped' stance yours has with that Monark style spring in front, and the rear tire jammed up in the back, really appeals to me!

What size are your tires? Remember the rule that our buddy @kingfish254 abides by..."Mo fatta, Mo betta"!

RaT oN~!

Unc, you got a good thing going there!

There's something about a stance of a build, you know when it works by looking at it. Personally, I like that you aren't using a raked fork that would stretch it, and make it look like so many of those 'custom framed' bikes that are out there now. Don't get me wrong, those are cool. And I click on and ':heart:' at least 2-3 on Instagram every day! :wink1:

But the kind of 'cramped' stance yours has with that Monark style spring in front, and the rear tire jammed up in the back, really appeals to me!

What size are your tires? Remember the rule that our buddy @kingfish254 abides by..."Mo fatta, Mo betta"!

RaT oN~!
Thanks brother! The rims & tires are 29". Currently they are 29" x 2.125" but the rear needs replacing so I just ordered the Maxxis Grifter in 29" x 2.5". Not a fan of the Maxxis name in yellow on the sidewall so I'm going to attempt to paint the lettering white.

The fork is an actual vintage Monark fork with updated rockers from monarkforks.com

Latest posts

Back