Ole 98

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have decided to build a themed bike for my favorite NCAA football team the Michigan Wolverines. Like anything I googled Michigan bike and this came up:

chopper2_zpsffff9e92.gif

To each their own but to me I believe I have found the cause of the last several crappy years.

I wanted it to look a lot more like this:

harmmsl_zpsf2d9e0b3.jpg

This started because my daughter had a purse that reminded me of that picture. I asked her for it when its service life was over and just as the build off starts it shows up on my work bench.

I bought this bike because I knew the build off was coming.

before_zps75987624.jpg

When I took the seat cover off The seat had rotted completely threw luckily I had a spare with a bent frame with what I thought was a leather purse in hand I started chopping out the piece I need to recover the seat, found that the only thing in had nothing to do with a cow and was created by chemists. I used the pleather with the knowledge I will need to re do it when I get leather, Here it is painted and recovered :

seat_zps2cd1f3fc.jpg

First one I have done, has too many wrinkles but I will be replacing it. I brushed the suspension on the grinder, put rust converter on it to give it the bluing effect and oiled. Need to assemble it correctly but I needed to show my wife.

I have given everyone a head start, the wife reminded me of the bike I gave her for her birthday last year and its current state of incompleteness So I had to finish that before I could start this.

I got some fenders:

20140630_180554_zpsee9e7954.jpg

Here is the frame with a few tests. This will be the blue I will be using also a yellow or should I say maize tractor light and the new chain guard You can't see it very well but the graphic is sort of like the Schwinn the graphic :

20140630_180656_zpsb5b3a72d.jpg

I am going to use the newspaper bag rack and build a matching style pizza delivery front rack This should allow me to carry two coolers for beer and 6 pizzas, it is a tailgating special.

I also started the fiberglass plug for a tank. I would like an original but they have out priced my desire. I have never done fiberglassing before pretty much the only thing I do these bikes for is to learn something new.

20140630_180457_zpsc8ea3053.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the tank.
Don't forget to put your pin in the Build Off 9 - BONINE WORLD MAP
http://bit.ly/1nsYqVU
Then go to Additions > Add Marker - Simple

Latest posts

Back