Ole 98

Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
I have decided to build a themed bike for my favorite NCAA football team the Michigan Wolverines. Like anything I googled Michigan bike and this came up:

To each their own but to me I believe I have found the cause of the last several crappy years.

I wanted it to look a lot more like this:

Reactions: LukeTheJoker
Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
This started because my daughter had a purse that reminded me of that picture. I asked her for it when its service life was over and just as the build off starts it shows up on my work bench.

I bought this bike because I knew the build off was coming.

Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
When I took the seat cover off The seat had rotted completely threw luckily I had a spare with a bent frame with what I thought was a leather purse in hand I started chopping out the piece I need to recover the seat, found that the only thing in had nothing to do with a cow and was created by chemists. I used the pleather with the knowledge I will need to re do it when I get leather, Here it is painted and recovered :

First one I have done, has too many wrinkles but I will be replacing it. I brushed the suspension on the grinder, put rust converter on it to give it the bluing effect and oiled. Need to assemble it correctly but I needed to show my wife.

Reactions: 31 gallo
Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
I have given everyone a head start, the wife reminded me of the bike I gave her for her birthday last year and its current state of incompleteness So I had to finish that before I could start this.

I got some fenders:

Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
Here is the frame with a few tests. This will be the blue I will be using also a yellow or should I say maize tractor light and the new chain guard You can't see it very well but the graphic is sort of like the Schwinn the graphic :

Reactions: kingfish254
Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
I am going to use the newspaper bag rack and build a matching style pizza delivery front rack This should allow me to carry two coolers for beer and 6 pizzas, it is a tailgating special.

Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
I also started the fiberglass plug for a tank. I would like an original but they have out priced my desire. I have never done fiberglassing before pretty much the only thing I do these bikes for is to learn something new.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the tank.
Don't forget to put your pin in the Build Off 9 - BONINE WORLD MAP
http://bit.ly/1nsYqVU
Then go to Additions > Add Marker - Simple