old skool chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I posted this in fresh finds but decided to give it some love after really only wanting it for the B seat to go on the weeds build
Iphone2032.jpg

the stand had no return spring so got an old spare trampoline spring,heated it,cut it down and stretched it to just the right tension
Iphone2044.jpg

done some artwork and pinstriping
Iphone2080.jpg

Iphone2075.jpg

Iphone2076.jpg

Iphone2081-1.jpg

next will be changing the stem and apes as I have some old tall but wide apes that feel better and some white pedals

jackdaw said:
Now that's just killer! That's the way to do the chainring too. I have two bikes like that.
thanx Jdaw,its so hard to find a single ring crank but tons if 3 rings so out comes the angle grinder,some of them i angle grind through the ring so the arms are longer,and have the teeth on the end and over lap the middle ring

Added some white pedals
Iphone2141.jpg

added a cool old chrome stem
Iphone2142.jpg

and added some wide apes that are more compy on the wrists than the original bars
Iphone2143.jpg

looking good so far but a little more to go,still gota sand some of the paint to make it scathed up
Iphone2145.jpg

So scathed up the paintwork to match the rough paint,added old chrome wheels,lowered the seat,chrome mudgaurd,hung an 8ball keychain on sissybar,dome nuts on wheels,all i am waiting for is front/rear lights and she's done
CopyofIphone2147.jpg

CopyofIphone2156.jpg

not many people include themselves in pic's but I think I will include a shot of myself,good to put a face to a build
Iphone2170-001.jpg

Pushie Pirate said:
Kia ora bro, luv it, nice honest rat and nice to see a down under build!
Kia ora to you too bro,yer the rat/low bike scene is really lacking in Aotearoa,theres a fare amount but without clubs there really isn't any organized scene except for some bikes at old skool rydes c.c show and shine days,Im hopeing to start up a club soon,doing it on Facebook to see what interest I get first

josh_from_ga said:
loving the frame. was it produced like that or has it been chopped and rewelded?
thanx,it was chopped up and welded,I got it and another stretched frame from a friend,I only wanted them for the banana seat (not the one on it now)and the apehangers,my friend only got them for a set of wheels that was on one of them,he was traveling around in another city and just happened upon them in a yard and struck up a deal for them,at first I didn't like it but it grew on me pretty quick and as it looked old skool,that was the direction I went in and pretty pleased with the outcome,handlebars are from a mk1 relaigh chopper which i am gona rat out soon

well you can never say a bikes finished sometimes,I bought a girls bmx bike for $2.50 just cos it had some nice block style tyres on it so put them on the ol'skool chopper
Iphone2639_zps258e1b41.jpg

Iphone2638_zpsac4cfdc8.jpg

Yeah, those tyres are way better, very cool. 8)

I'm having a bit of trouble finding parts up here in Kerikeri. Had heaps down in Christchurch but got rid of it all to move up here. :roll: Slowly getting some stuff together and will hopefully be doing something soon. :)

thanks guys,yer Luke they look the part and i will take a good pic soon,had to raise the sissybar 1 notch as the tyre was fatter than the previous one but still looks the goods,cheers Glen and yer parts are rare up these ways,Pm me and we can meet up some time since your up the road as it were :D

Latest posts

Back