Old School Rigid MTB's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ritchey Timber Comp with a WTB cockpit.

IMG_0883.jpg

wildrice said:
Got this one for free. About 20 yr old Specialized Hardrock. Great shape. Aired up tires and rode it around a lil bit.

028-vi.jpg

029-vi.jpg
I have the same one in green with yellow lettering, bought it at my lbs with the intent to learn to ride for $110 but felt bad scratching it up and i won a wally world bike for $5. Have any clue what year? I guess late 80's.

Hey 41DX,, awesome collection!!!!!!!! and that 2nd shot of you riding is classic, way back off the seat. I really think that todays MTB'ers have no idea the skill level it took to get a fully rigid bike down the trails.

Vipon said:
Hey 41DX,, awesome collection!!!!!!!! and that 2nd shot of you riding is classic, way back off the seat. I really think that todays MTB'ers have no idea the skill level it took to get a fully rigid bike down the trails.

Thanks for the nice compliment. The thing I like about that picture is the feel of the ride shown by the way the the chain is slapping..

I should have had it in the big ring.......

Downhill course Keyesville classic....

Here's mine from the early 90's. Now as a single speed with a few updated parts.
As it was for 20 years
mtb640.jpg

And Now
Full-ss-2_zps60bb6022.jpg

Full-SS_zps42f74d6d.jpg

Here's "Babe the Blue Ox" in all her glory. She's an `89 Trek 830 Antelope (manufactured 10/88) that I picked up at Goodwill for $15 last year. I've spent 10x that getting her to the point she's at now. I love this bike, it has it's own personality. Somedays she's lazy and fights every crank and shift, other days I have a hard time keeping up with her.

2013-02-05_125054_zpse2960f73.jpg

My first mtn. bike, a '91 Diamondback Ascent EX. A long-time roadie, I Instantly fell in love with off-road riding.
I've had a couple of other of other mtn. bikes since then (full susp.) which were a lot more plush riding, but this is still the best handling by far. An absolute blast to ride.
I just cleaned it up and put it all back together maybe a year or so ago. Didn't have all the original stuff (REALLY wish I still had the original gumwall tires... :? ), but did it up the way it was with all the stuff I'd put on it when I last rode it on a regular basis, so there's some major nostalgia going on anyway. Love the way they ran the three cables across the top tube. MmmMmmMmmmm!

gearhead94 said:
Here is my Nishiki . I like rigid bikes more than fs.

I like that frame! Cool how they made the chainstays like that.

biss-ness said:
Vipon said:

Some of us do... :D

bikes036.jpg

I'd so love to add one of those Treks to my corral , Is that a Whisky fork ?

Latest posts

Back