Old Roller Cam Brakes, worth anything?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a tan and brown Schwinn High Sierra in my shop, mostly stripped F&F, and after seeing some "vintage" bikes here with the roller cam brakes highlighted, I was just wondering if these were worth anything? I wouldn't throw them away, but I also have no reason to throw them in the drawer with all my other brake parts.

cman said:
They may be collectible to a few people. Looks like Vintage Mtb crowed like the Suntour XC Pro. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Suntour ... 0642633663

They work on some BMX bikes with UBrakes or 990 mounts too. But won't work on Cantilever/Vbrake mounts.

I'll see what mine are, wondering if selling the F&F would be more profitable.

On sheldon browns website it states that they work with bikes that have the brake bosses below the wheel. Such as bikes that dont have center pull cantis or linear pull. I want a set for my sears.

JaxRhapsody said:
On sheldon browns website it states that they work with bikes that have the brake bosses below the wheel. Such as bikes that dont have center pull cantis or linear pull. I want a set for my sears.
Lol i had it right the first time, the bosses above the wheel UNLIKE bikes with center pulls and linear brakes.

Latest posts

Back