Old Manse Hawthorne...LAST DAY RIDE VIDEO! pg 9 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the sky turned an evil green, the winds picked up, first came the ice then the rain. The swap was over before it started. Glad I didn't venture out.

On another note, I spotted this on the wall of a building around the corner from my sons' new/ old house. I know @franconuevo is a big fan.....probably others here too....
princeimage.jpg

Bike is looking great great score on the fenders & tank . The bike already a perfect weathered look.i would love to see a springer fork on it thought. A bee hive would look awesome .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the sky turned an evil green, the winds picked up, first came the ice then the rain. The swap was over before it started. Glad I didn't venture out.

On another note, I spotted this on the wall of a building around the corner from my sons' new/ old house. I know @franconuevo is a big fan.....probably others here too....
View attachment 53541
BEAUTIFUL MAN. I WOULD'VE CRIED ON THE STREET. RIP PRINCE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hmmm had a thought just now... If you Don't want to cover the headbadge, could put truss rods on and mount the light a bit further forward on the fender in front of them..

Building..... Riding.....

There is actually a hole for a head light mount pretty far forward on the front fender. I think the light is too bulky to have that far out front.

I did some work today and will finish thinking about it while I spend the week fishing for the 'lunkers' in Lake of the Woods on the Canadian border.

See ya'll in 5 days!
lowtrip.jpg

I vote for Freddy Fender as well.

View attachment 53541

Ice? Wind? where the heII was this meet O.J. ?
Yeah, still missin' the Prince. Where does all of that energy go?
f.

Ice? Wind? where the heII was this meet O.J. ?
Yeah, still missin' the Prince. Where does all of that energy go?
f.
All this, including the patronage to the Purple One, could only happen in Minnesota my friend. We escaped with only a few downed limbs, no house or vehicle damage. Others, not so fortunate.

The tribute art is in the Uptown part of Minneapolis where my sons have recently moved to. Fascinating area of food spots, entertainment, beautiful lakes, and the art; oh the art.

All this, including the patronage to the Purple One, could only happen in Minnesota my friend. We escaped with only a few downed limbs, no house or vehicle damage. Others, not so fortunate.

The tribute art is in the Uptown part of Minneapolis where my sons have recently moved to. Fascinating area of food spots, entertainment, beautiful lakes, and the art; oh the art.

OK, I get you I drove thru Minn. ..once..(this has nothing to do with the purp one BTW)..just during one of my long rides..LOL.... went southernmost to Northernmost, I think it's the most northerly state in the U.S. No? It's beautiful out there..all of those Ice Age states are for some reason.

As far as the fender mount..bar mount..tough call..but.. as I ask myself whenever I'm in a 'quandry' about well, anything...."What would Joe Biden do? ":43:
rwb.jpg

super bike as uuuusgh mr. O.J.,
What's not to like about an O.J. Bike
I like the red bubble in the lens thing..
OK..as Mr. Rogers would say.."Lets go Crazy"
:thumbsup:
F.

Spent the last couple of days up on the Canadian border, Lake of the Woods. Walleye fishing. Filled our limit today! Buddy Bobby got the biggest Walleye, 21 3/4". Bunch of nice fish that will be going home with us....
fishinggang.jpg
fish.jpg
bobbiefish.jpg

Okay. No more fish tales...let's GTB!

Spent my Sunday morning in the BACK40. You know the old saying, God would rather have me sitting in the BACK40 building bikes and thinking about God; than sitting in church thinking about building bikes in the BACK40! :bigsmile:

Headlight is mounted! I kind of went against the grain of the voting public, but I ended up with a 'low slung' stem mount. It got the light up a bit so I can still appreciate that cool brass head badge, but not too high.

Really like how it turned out. Now I'm thinking about something to spruce up the 'rear' of the bike.....:cool2:

head1.jpg
head2.jpg
head3.jpg
head4.jpg
head5.jpg

Perfect !

Love it, I know you'll ride the tires off of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you got the light just right....nice fishing trip!!
Perfect !

That looks really good there. Bike looks awesome. [emoji106]

Building..... Riding.....
Thanks guys!

I took a few laps on it this morning, and it's solid with no rattles. If I could come up with a cool rear light, I think I might be down to the wire on finishing this build.

I think you got the light just right....nice fishing trip!!
My first time at Lake of the Woods. Think of another of the 'great lakes'...it's that big! Wall-to-wall-walleye! It's got a unique kind of appeal. Wasn't a big fan of the 4 foot waves for 6 hours a day. But the catching and eating of the fish was awesome!

Glad you went with your gut on the light!
The placement looks perfect and I love the size and patina of the light.
Looking sharp brother!

Latest posts

Back