OCC Chopper for my wife

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got my bars and chain guard from iRide Custom Bicycles, thanks man they cleaned up well :shock:
Ordered some newer mtb pedals and reupholstered the seat with an old weatherproof suede jacket. :mrgreen:
Removed all the stingray, flame, and occ stickers. Now there's ghost flames where they used to be.
We also found some skull license plate bolts for the front brake mounts at wallyworld. :p

100_0826.jpg

100_0831.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0832.jpg

Good ol walmart bikes, didn't even pay any attention to it. :eek:
I've been too caught up in the other "details" :shock:
We picked this one up at the flea market in Canton,TX.
Good catch :!: :oops: :wink:

Couldn't find another seat that I liked so just reupholstered this one and put he rivets back in 8)
Thanks again for the parts :!:

COOL! Another chopper! 8)

You asked about the brake posts on our forks . . . it never had them. I think your bike must be one of the later choppers sold. Schwinn sold some of the choppers without labeling them "O.C.C." (maybe to get out of paying royalties?) Some of these were equipped with the front brakes and/or front fenders. You might want to think twice before chopping off the posts on the forks. I would guess that maybe 85% of the choppers did not have front brakes. It should be easy to find a pair of legs without the brake posts, just be patient and then you can save the rare ones.

Looks like you did a great job on the seat! I have been thinking about doing the exact same thing for my Spoiler.
Let me know if yer wife needs a little more leg room . . . I can show how I modified the seat post/sissy bar for my bike to gain about an inch and a half. :wink:

Thanks for the info I just found some license plate bolts that fit the brake posts and she's happy with those. :D
Your bike is so freaking cool. My wife is a shorty so this bike fits her perfect she loves it so no modifications for leg
room. :lol:
I can't wait to see your next updates and mods on the occ bike. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back