Nuthin Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Covid project bike. I resurrected an old Specialized Rock Hopper...'93 I think. Cro Mo Double butted frame. Solid bike. Full tune up..new street rubber and 6" rise handle bars. And comfy seat of course. Very nice around town ride. Comfy with plenty of gears for the hills. Lots of years left in this old classic.
20200529_133747.jpg

Should I try a set of wide sweep back beach cruiser bars I have? I think cables are long enough for them...what ya all think. No big deal to just try em out I guess.

It's pretty similar to my USAAF bike and I have Nitto Albatross bars on it. Not exactly the same, but they do sweep back and it's the one bike I would keep if I could only keep one partly because it's so comfortable. If it had bars that came back farther, I think it would still be a nice ride.

With the advent of "flow trails" in mountain biking, those old butted tube steelies with compact geo and a rigid fork have the ability to rule in the dirt once again. I've set up a few just for that in the past few years, putting them on a weight diet with a few parts and using v-brakes to give them good modulation for proper control at high speeds. My main ride in that realm is an aluminum frame from 2002 w/Surly fork (stiffness to handle my size/weight) and I've had it wound up over 40mph on a "flow trail".

Latest posts

Back