nothing special...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
or the sunday funady build....
some may recognize this from rrbbo #5:
zep592009.jpg

the bike was always just a little to small for me and my sons almost outgrown his 20" ers so i figured instead of it hanging and collecting dust longer id set him up for next summer with a pre-war cruiser...
tossed some stuff at it and heres what stuck:
IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

that bike was tough enough to get one of my votes...but it was back in rrbo4! 8) those zep style frames always run on the small side,but they have such great lines. looks really good fendered up too.

Re: PLEASE MOVE TO "BUILD" SECTION MODERATOR!

thanks and hes happy about getting it(he can ride it w/o any problem but hes about 1" away from not racking himself when standing on it...so i figure next summer will be perfect :lol: )
thanks for the kind words :mrgreen:
its always been one of (my opinion now :wink: )the best frame designs around since it has such a strong forward movement to it....yeah i remember the first stretches quite well(history lesson for those who werent around...that bike is how Uncle Stretch got his name :mrgreen: ) and wasnt tikiharl the first to own one?
well i guess im going to have to have this thread moved to the build section since i cant leave stuff alone ever :roll:
so decided i hated the bars on that and went to do a knock off set of torrington cross bars....ohhh no!! its 10 pm and the steel shop closed at 5 and i have no 7/8" tubing in the shop! what to do?!?!?
dig through the junk pile until i find some suitable donors!
IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

well that worked...
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

hmmm...grips are going to need to go back 3/4" so i can add a cross bar...ohh crud! i dont have any 9/16" tubing for the cross bar :x
well....im not a sissy so...
IMG_0105.jpg

a sissy bar died for the cause! a pinch here and there and itll work...
now i just gotta get myself centered and get back to work!
IMG_0106.jpg

well i think its a passable facsimile :eek:
IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

gotta get all the extra ventilation filled up,finish welding,and FILE this one as done*(well still need to blast the extra chrome and rust off after that but thatll wait until i get to metal working the fenders done since theyll be non chrome as well :wink: )
not too bad for a no $ set of torrington cross bar knock offs(hey theyre even made in the usa :lol: )

*yes that was a pun :p

sensor said:
or the sunday funady build....
some may recognize this from rrbbo #5:
zep592009.jpg

the bike was always just a little to small for me and my sons almost outgrown his 20" ers so i figured instead of it hanging and collecting dust longer id set him up for next summer with a pre-war cruiser...
tossed some stuff at it and heres what stuck:
IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

@ Sensor.
Like this one.
Where did you find those pedals,would like to have them for my Felt.

FCS046.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61501

Latest posts

Back