Not So Sexy at 60

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure yet on the make of the frame :? but I bought the thing for 60 bucks. :D It came as is, as shown in the 1st pic. There is so many layers of paint I cant make out any serial numbers and there isnt any type of manufacturer plate on it. :( .... I am going with the black and white theme with the goal of having a clean and classy yet tough looking rat cruiser. I plan on adding fenders and powder coating all the main parts to the bike. I added a white seat but it is just a temporary seat. I plan on going with a white seat that has more a rat feel to it.

I am always open to suggestions, whether just some thoughts or constructive criticism.

Pic 3... Most recent... I probably wont post any more pics since my last steps are powder coating, adding the fenders, new seat, And a couple other accessories I am yet to get. I would like to find a vintage speedometer, cut off the original kick stand, and whatever else I come up with or cool ideas that get tossed my way.

That a schwinn frame?
Yeah sure it's not a steal, but be glad it's not broken at $30
I had one that was a later schwinn the ones that were welded in the 80's? But anyway yeah,, it was cut under the bottom bracket..

Still gotta fix it..

Sweet buy.. I say!

I was at the bike shop earlier this week and the dude said it was a schwinn but I'm still not sure. I did see something in the frame identification section on here that said schwinn frames have a smooth welding joint where the upper and lower cross bars meet connect to the front.

Still though, who knows...

Latest posts

Back