Not Just Another Gender Bender

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been sittin on a side job for my friend Mike. Need this off my list so I can get back to Undertaker. This started as a girls bike but I don't remember the details. Delivered to me in two pieces with a basic format to stretch about 8". Cool, but leave the seat post position and the bottom bracket in place. This is how he/she turned out. Mike will finish and be ready for the Behind Bars San Jose show in a couple of weeks. This was a fun frame to work on and I think the lines are awesome. Can't wait to see this one finished. I will try to post more progress photos if I can catch Mike in the act.
MikesGenderBender003.jpg
MikesGenderBender002.jpg
MikesGenderBender001.jpg
MikesGenderBender004.jpg
Chain stays from donor bike
MikesGenderBender005.jpg
MikesGenderBender006.jpg
Seat post extension made from a old piece of a handle bar
MikesGenderBender011.jpg
Action shot! falling over in the wind.
MikesGenderBender007.jpg
MikesGenderBender008.jpg
MikesGenderBender009.jpg
Welded the chain stays and the seat tube from inside the bottom bracket so no welds to clean up. A little brazing and almost a factory look.

very nice frame work man! congrats! i waiting for the finished pictures... cheers!

After brainstorming with Mike I had to put the frame back in the lab. I forgot the straight tube. We also decided to fab up a tank mount for the custom floating tank Mike is planing. Added a coaster brake tab at the drop outs. By the way the frame is an Evans.
MikesGenderBenderII007.jpg
This bike just looks fast!
MikesGenderBenderII006.jpg
MikesGenderBenderII004.jpg
Better shot of the welded on the inside bottom bracket.
MikesGenderBenderII002.jpg
Tank mount with plenty of built in options.

So this is a project I've been wanting to do for a while. It should be done for the Behind Bars Show on June 13th. I'd like to thank Kuttnhack for steping in and doing the frame work.....I'm short on time and building two other bikes for the show so he really helped out a lot......I will keep posting updates on this thread as I go...Next thing I'll be making is a tank so stay tuned.....Here's a before pic of the bike and a couple of shots of the frame when I cut it up so you can see how the gender reassignment was done...
SANY0525.jpg

SANY0555.jpg

SANY0556.jpg

SANY0557.jpg

mann!!!! i soo envy how you make the joints so clean!!!! grinding takes forever!!!!
top notch built here!!!!!

Latest posts

Back