not a clue except its a sears prim and proper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_0084_zpsa26f4dab.jpg

IMG_0090_zpsbb56e246.jpg

IMG_0089_zpsad91c571.jpg

it has a 2 piece crank
IMG_0088_zps728e6f83.jpg

IMG_0087_zps68e94a89.jpg

IMG_0086_zps00a91db4.jpg

sears roebuck and company made in AUS? Australia? Austria?
IMG_0085_zps4a0a41a3.jpg

the three speed hub has what might be 3 threes and says three speed hub f under the 3's(?) with a U.S. patent number. the serial number is G7878 and the only other numbers are on the rear brake plate E56E. Anyone have an idea what it is and when it was made?

Troy

jats said:
kingfish254 said:
Looks like it is related to these Austrian Sears city bikes that I picked up last year.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54546&hilit=+sears+austrian
cool, have you taken apart one of the cranks yet? I'm planning on doing a tume up and leaving the rest rat, rust and all, as a fun rider

Troy

Should be basic cottered crank stuff. I didn't do anything with these. They were given to me for free and I sold them right away as projects for someone else. If I remember correctly, I think I cleared about $80 out of them.

kingfish254 said:
jats said:
kingfish254 said:
Looks like it is related to these Austrian Sears city bikes that I picked up last year.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54546&hilit=+sears+austrian
cool, have you taken apart one of the cranks yet? I'm planning on doing a tume up and leaving the rest rat, rust and all, as a fun rider

Troy

Should be basic cottered crank stuff. I didn't do anything with these. They were given to me for free and I sold them right away as projects for someone else. If I remember correctly, I think I cleared about $80 out of them.
sweet, after I get done with the Schwinn speedster it's the next in the rack

T

It's a Sears Free Spirit. The "nicer" Austrian models models had lugged frames, rather than butted and welded. I think yours must be one of the last few years of Austrian models before they switched over to Murray built bikes for the "economy models". The bottom bracket/crank on these is pretty much specific to these bikes as well as some imported folding bikes. I imagine it dates to somewhere around 1965-1970.

Latest posts

Back