NoHo, Mass Ride-The aftermath Begins on Page 7! Lots of Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Northampton, Mass Ride...Let's Discuss

I will go even if it rains!

Who says we can't eat and drink anyway! TUNNEL BAR!@

joe

oh ya it rained. Brian was a trooper and made a beer run from Local Burger. He got soaked.

Tunnel Bar!!

Whoa,Jose! Have you ridin that bike? She must be a buckin bronco! :)
You can't use a banana seat on that frame w/o ...well I don't know what kinda ride you get.
Explain please....Stevil

Stevil said:
Whoa,Jose! Have you ridin that bike? She must be a buckin bronco! :)
You can't use a banana seat on that frame w/o ...well I don't know what kinda ride you get.
Explain please....Stevil

Hi Stevil, yes, I’ve ridden it (did an ~11-mile test ride to see if anything would break or fall-off – nothing did – luck!); she’s fast and rides surprisingly well! Cornering is tight due to the lower center of gravity; having said that however, she isn’t particularly comfortable to ride, similar in ride to a sports/bullet bike, fast and maneuverable, but at the expense of long-term rider comfort.

The shock has been tack-welded at the shaft, not having done so would have broken the seat (the seat is not designed to handle all of the tensional/compression mechanical stress loads transferred from the frame pivot.)

She was built using parts from a Touring Bike’s crank (Shimano Bio-Pace triple 48-38-28) and early Suntour friction shifters mounted on the goose neck's steering shaft; an old Mountain Bike’s “Y”-frame, rear cassette (6-speed 14-30), front fork, seat tube and Shimano XT rear derailleur; a Road Bike’s handle bar, goose neck, brake handles (I had to install travel agents in order to increase the mechanical advantage/travel due to use of the “H” brakes) and handle bar tape; and finally, a Muscle Bike’s banana seat and sissy bar.

This Frankenbike has been a challenging, yet fun build due to all of the disparate bicycle types incorporated into it – somehow, I got all of these incongruent pieces to work together – that part, in all honesty, was just plain old blind luck! :)

Where will we meet and at what time should we get there; is there an itinerary (i.e. Tunnel Bar)?

Looking forward, peace guys!

Wait for it,wait for it...

History shows us these ride start when the stars and ducks align and the skys are mostly clear.
Somewhere between hign noon and 4 pm ,depending on the trail ride attendence.
The Bishop's Lounge (41 Strong Ave) is the watering hole of favor for our clan.
3rd floor balcony provides excellent lookout for bad boys and good girls.
After, you roll with the strongest of the crew or be left behind to fend for yourself.

Perfect! I was planning to leave the house at 3 PM - weather permitting of course.

I’m out, Dartmouth graduation.

It’s one of those family things; I should have paid closer attention to the schedule.

Hoping for sunny weather for you all, have fun guys and please, post pics.

I'm still in and I'll be there at 4:00. Are we meeting at the place Steve mentioned, with the 3rd floor patio lookout?

Joe, we should do the parking garage race again. If we can get in without getting yelled at by the old ornery parking attendant that is.

Hey guys.....what is the "trail" like. Is it generally smooth or rooty type trails? Can someone post an address or something I can put in my GPS. I need to see what the drive time is.

stickit said:
Hey guys.....what is the "trail" like. Is it generally smooth or rooty type trails? Can someone post an address or something I can put in my GPS. I need to see what the drive time is.

start with this Bri:

125A Pleasant St
Northampton, MA 01060

Thanks man, hopefully I can find a spot to park with my trailer. Looks like I'll be bringin Dan and Dave from up our way. Hopefully we have sweet weather.

so far the forecast is mostly sunny, 82.

thats the bom diggity. I'll need to bring a change of clothes after a 15 mile ride.

We're riding 15 miles? what?

ZygoteLittle said:
Sunday, April 15th Look Park Tennis Courts, Northampton, MA

Meet-up 8:00 AM ride start at 8:30

We can meet at the Look Park tennis courts’ parking lot in Northampton. We can then take the Northampton Bikeway from there to the Rt5 terminus and then go South on Rt5 for about ¾-miles to hook-up to the Manhan Rail Trail and go down it to the Millside Park Band Shell in Easthampton (at this point, we can go further south if we so choose to); this’ll give us a ride total of at least 12-18-miles from Look Park and back.

Ride time of about 3-4 hours with lunch time and location to be determined by consensus.

Northampton Bikeway
Manhan Rail Trail

What do you think?

Well I guess if we all hook up around 4PM we wont have time for this. I suppose i wont be sipping beers out of the back of a p/u and THEN offer it to a police officer 8) Somethin only the cool cats do.....and get away with

stickit said:
ZygoteLittle said:
Sunday, April 15th Look Park Tennis Courts, Northampton, MA

Meet-up 8:00 AM ride start at 8:30

We can meet at the Look Park tennis courts’ parking lot in Northampton. We can then take the Northampton Bikeway from there to the Rt5 terminus and then go South on Rt5 for about ¾-miles to hook-up to the Manhan Rail Trail and go down it to the Millside Park Band Shell in Easthampton (at this point, we can go further south if we so choose to); this’ll give us a ride total of at least 12-18-miles from Look Park and back.

Ride time of about 3-4 hours with lunch time and location to be determined by consensus.

Northampton Bikeway
Manhan Rail Trail

What do you think?

Well I guess if we all hook up around 4PM we wont have time for this. I suppose i wont be sipping beers out of the back of a p/u and THEN offer it to a police officer 8) Somethin only the cool cats do.....and get away with

That was before the new schedule; unfortunately, for me at least, the timing is a bit off with Dartmouth College having its graduation this weekend, Laconia Bike Week starting this weekend and the New York Scooter Club having its BlockParty this weekend – would have been cool to attend them all – put as you know, family first!

Have fun this weekend on the NorHamp ride.

I have been waiting a long time for this ride and I'll have to miss it too. Daughters 3rd birthday party :D
Bad news for you all though...In the 15 years I have been a home owner I have not had a outdoor party without rain.
Would this be rescheduled if it rained?

Latest posts

Back