No Serial Number

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I bought a prewar Schwinn Model C frame on line, I love those frames. High bottom bracket, layed back steer tube, straight down tube, they are just beautiful. Well, looks like the serial number was removed, dang it. It really bothered me, my friends thought it was funny and that I was overly concerned about it (read anal-retentive). I couldn't stand it, I called the County Sheriffs Office. I don't want to dump a bunch of time and dead presidents into this baby just to have it confiscated. The Sheriff basically told me the number on your bike (or no number) is a serial number not a VIN number, and they have no requirement to have a number on a bicycle. He said the only way they would confiscate my bike is if someone reported a Schwinn Model C stolen and identified it as the one in my possession. That's never going to happen. What a relief. After the build off, this Model C is going to come to life. The trials and tribulations of junk bicycles, gotta love it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back