No name yet project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all I know for now is that this is a 20' stick of 1 1/2 tubing. I have an idea of what I want to do. I am working towards having this frame done in a month. It will be an expensive build, so the whole bike will take over a year. Blue 8)
Ness001.jpg

1 1/2 is beefy. It has its pluses. Like it looks beefy, it takes more paint. More paint means more looks. This will be a show bicycle. Of course I will ride it but the main intention is the show. This will be my first custom frame from scratch. I have cut up many, but never my own. It hope you all like it. Pictures soon :D

If you build a bike,it shouldn't be for show. You must ride it. As much as you can. No matter what size,no matter what weight. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: By riding it,you can show your bike and your skills and have masses of fun. So make this one your best build,bro.
(tomorrow I'm taking mine out for an 80 mile spin,pics will follow)

Believe me Wimpy, I ride my bicycles. I ride all my bicycles. I built two last summer that probably have a 1000 miles each on them. I hope you post a link to those photos from your ride on this forum.
So I was looking at my frame and reality set in. I realized that this will take more than a month. The rear triangle will take the most time. I will get at it later today. Time changes, so I will have an extra hour to work on it tonight. Pictures when I get done tonight. Blue 8)

It has a name. As soon as you made your decision to take a 20' piece of tube and manipulate it into a work of art you named it.
Can't wait to see a rolling BLUE DREAM.

Kuttnhack said:
It has a name. As soon as you made your decision to take a 20' piece of tube and manipulate it into a work of art you named it.
Can't wait to see a rolling BLUE DREAM.
Blue Dream it is. Thanks again Kuttnhack. Did you make the Second Saturday ride this past weekend? I saw pictures of it. Someone said around 100 Bicycles.

So I have done a little work on it today. :lol:
Please excuse the mess. I am working on three builds that are all on different stages.
lala012.jpg

lala016.jpg

lala014.jpg

I hope you can see where this frame is going now. I will make the bottom tube and the chain stays all one tube. I will cut the two 1 1/2 stays in half and spread them so they will accept 100mil rim in the rear. So the whole frame even the stays will be 1 1/2. I will also make 1 1/2 tubing triple tree forks. And 1" bars. I am thinking a chain guard of some kind too.
The seat will go about where the blue tape is. I will probably make a seat pan for it. I'm thinking by the end of this build I would have enough skills to hammer out a tank for it.
lala019.jpg

I hope everyone likes it as much as I do. Thank you everyone for the comments.
I can't think of everything so thanks again for the input.
Pedal on my friends!
Blue 8)

wimpy said:
This looks great,dude. How did managed to get it bent so fluently? It shows good craftmanship here. Can't wait to see more pics. Keep up the good work !
Speaking of which,here's the link to the pics of our first cruise of this year. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54034
Thanks Wimpy and Kingzebba1 for your comments. I use a tube roller to get those fluent bends. http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-roller-99736.html If you look at the tube I will be using for the seat stays, it was a mess up of the top tube. So it took three trys to get two nice tubes.
Thanks for the link to your pictures. There were a lot of custom bicycles. My favorite type to ride. I have seen a lot of them from my FB friends, and a couple of Chopadero vests too. :D It's snowing where I live so I will have to wait another month before I will be able to ride. Pedal on my friends. Blue 8)

Ah,a Harborfreight, I've read about 'm. Gives you good results,as I look at the pics. And very affordable too.
About the snow: depends on how much snow there is. If it's only 4-6 inches, that doesn't keep me inside. :wink:

@Wimpy, For the price you can't beat it. The only thing I did was change the set screws and added a few more. When you run thick walled tubing threw it the set screws don't hold the anvils\wheels. So I rethreaded them and added one more to each wheel. Well worth the money.

Now on to the bad news. I broke my clavicle bone two days ago. So I won't be able to play with my bicycles for a month or two. Bummer! Pedal on my friends! 8)

I'm back!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am feeling a lot better. I am going crazy just sitting around this house healing. I need to build!!! I think I am well enough to start throwing some sparks. First I am going to make some riser bars for a friends snow mobile. I will post some pictures of that tomorrow. Then back to this frame. I think I will clean the shop before I start up again. A clean shop is a safe and happy shop. Have a great evening and I shall have new pictures soon. BLUE 8)

Latest posts

Back