no name so far

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPJ

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drew a cool looking picture of a bike and then went to the shed and did this

and this

and this

did this

and this

I thought about this for a long time

added these

and this

welded stuff, while holding other stuff in the right place, and got to this

oh ah

It's only 18 months since I did anyhting, and 6 months before that, so check back real soon cause I'm in a race against time.
The main frame was an old bunk frame, I thought the old forks have great curves (mmmm curves) and taper. I made the curve in front of the wheel with lots of cuts, welds, grinding, grinding and grinding, I'm very jellous of you that have tubing benders :mrgreen: . As you can see, I was going to make the bit where the rear wheel bolts to in the shape of a flame, but that was to hard, (my CAD programme and milling thing wouldn't cooperate, which means I gotta get better at using a drill and grinder) so I made the thing the same as a playing card, guna get both sides of the joker card printed as stickers and decorate when finnished.

I've made more progress. Feburary is bike month here, so I'm hoping to finish and ride this thing. Their'll be another Feb in '14 if not.
RussellsBike04.jpg

RussellsBike05-1.jpg

and I found my first drawings of this bike, made them in '11. I'm hoping the speed of this build dosen't discombobulate you.
RussellsBike01-1.jpg

RussellsBike02.jpg

I've made more progress. Feburary is bike month here, so I'm hoping to finish and ride this thing. Their'll be another Feb in '14 if not.
and I found my first drawings of this bike, made them in '11. I'm hoping the speed of this build dosen't discombobulate you.

Don't you mean "...another Feb in '15 if not" since we are already in '14. Your head is most likely spinning because of the speed at which you are building and you got yourself discombobulated :confused:

Your bike is looking good... and great to see another kiwi active on here. Is active the right word? o_O

Keep it up... only a few more days till February :eek:

Glen.

opps, the pic shows the bits I'll be making the bar out of, more curvy tapered forks and a black tube for the rest of the bar. Man, I've gotta have a rest.

So what sort of pedal arrangement are you employing since you appear to have three legs? o_O

It must have been hard for you growing up and having to ride bikes with only two pedals :(

Glen.

I put the bike together so I could decide where the pedals go
IMG_0175-1.jpg

IMG_0176-1.jpg

But it's to low in front and the forks are to floppy, athough it does have its good points. Seat works ok but could be a bit lower

o_O What if you take your fork tubes out and swap them side to side and turn them so the dropouts face back. They will also be pointing down a bit which will raise the front up. Might not look as cool though :39: And probably wont help your floppiness any :p

Glen.

Latest posts

Back