No. 3 build ready to kick off...

Jun 25, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike is so cool, I am browsing the mobile.de right now!
Hi Toro, These bikes are super rare outside Japan. You might want to check out the Solo currently for sale at Fourstrokebarn in the Netherlands. Good price compared to another being sold privately in the Netherlands for almost twice as much. There are another couple of Solos being sold by dealers in the UK too.

Reactions: toro1978
Jun 25, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HONDA SOLO 50cc - Bicyclette to Bobber make-over update...
Hope everyone enjoyed a Merry Christmas. Here's wishing folks all the best for 2020.
Completed most of my planned changes to my Honda Solo. So far these include fatter Mitas knobbly tyres, small front fender, stainless exhaust, cafe bars with alloy risers, alloy grille-type headlight/indicators/tail light/horn, side-mount license plate, left side hand shifter with pistol grip, custom airbrushed tank. Still running the original 50cc 3-speed semi auto Honda motor for the time being. I'll swap this out come springtime for the replacement 125cc 4-speed semi-auto Lifan motor I've purchased. Running fenderless at the rear for the time being. Undecided if I'll bob the original fender.
DSCN3589.JPG
DSCN3590.JPG
DSCN3591.JPG
DSCN3587.JPG

Jun 25, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MOTO GUZZI MOTOLEGGERA 'GUZZINO' progress update...
Recommenced work on my Guzzino. Bike was purchased minus a few parts, ie, throttle, grips, air/fuel filters, fuel line, horn etc. all of which have now been taken care of. Decided to go with a twist grip throttle instead of the original thumb lever type. New throttle and clutch cable now installed too. Stripped/cleaned the carb. Fitted new tyres and tubes. Stripped/cleaned the front and rear drum brakes and the shoes have been sent off to Villiers Services for re-lining. Exhaust was holed, but luckily I just scored a NOS exhaust from a UK seller for 40 quid - saving me splashing out 129 quid for the same muffler advertised by an Italian seller.
Purchased a new wiring harness from Italy and that's the next job on the to do list to crack on with. That and removing the pillion seat. Guzzinos look better as solo machines I reckon.
Guzzino's motor has plenty compression and generates a healthy spark. Gas tank flushed and is now spotless inside, so hopefully we're not far off firing her up for the first time.
DSCN3605.JPG
DSCN3607.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha Ha.
Wife Jen suffers with dementia after being diagnosed in 2013. Jen's a falls risk and can't be left unattended on her own, so being her sole 24/7 carer, building bikes in the same room is my best and only option. It's the best form of respite for me and Jen doesn't even care if we share the lounge with a bike 'art installation'. Be assured I go out of my way to keep the place spotless.

Reactions: RustyGold
Jun 25, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BLUE BAMBOO e-Stretch build is fast approaching the finish line. Just awaiting delivery of the pair of laser-cut-to-shape mirror stainless steel side panels. These will be used as a template when overlaid onto the frame so I can mark/drill the locating holes for the panels in the frame.
In the meantime I'm busying myself with building the vintage girder fork front end for an upcoming build. These eBay sourced forks came minus a pair of the side links and three of the four threaded pivot pins. Managed to find a guy on eBay who plasma-cut a pair of new side links and an engineering company who quoted a nominal price for machining new pivot pins. Result is I'm now a lot closer to having a working set of cool forks. Mated these to a brand new 26" wheel fitted with Shimano dynohub and roller brake, scored for a steal on eBay as I was the only bidder. The catch is the wheel has a no maintenance solid rubber tyre fitted - of which I have zero experience. Tyre stays put for now, but planning to swap it out for something more meatier further down the line. Not even sure if the hoop is usable with a regular tyre - but I'll find out soon enough. Unless someone can tell me otherwise, looks like I'll be resorting to a hacksaw and snips to get the solid tyre off when the time comes.

DSCN3773.JPG
DSCN3772.JPG

Jun 25, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BLUE BAMBOO build all but completed, apart from paint. Just need a few more test rides under my belt to see if I need make any mods before stripping her down prior to the frame's repaint. You can see more pics for this build in the e-bike section.
DSCN3786.JPG

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles