1. The forum software will be upgraded on Thursday evening (April 2). During this time the site may be down for a period of time to make the change. Thanks for your patience as we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

No. 3 build ready to kick off...

Discussion in 'GAS POWERED BIKES' started by PeteMcP, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteMcP likes this.
  2. toro1978

toro1978

This bike is so cool, I am browsing the mobile.de right now!

3. PeteMcP

PeteMcP

Hi Toro, These bikes are super rare outside Japan. You might want to check out the Solo currently for sale at Fourstrokebarn in the Netherlands. Good price compared to another being sold privately in the Netherlands for almost twice as much. There are another couple of Solos being sold by dealers in the UK too.

toro1978 likes this.
  4. PeteMcP

PeteMcP

HONDA SOLO 50cc - Bicyclette to Bobber make-over update...
    Hope everyone enjoyed a Merry Christmas. Here's wishing folks all the best for 2020.
    Completed most of my planned changes to my Honda Solo. So far these include fatter Mitas knobbly tyres, small front fender, stainless exhaust, cafe bars with alloy risers, alloy grille-type headlight/indicators/tail light/horn, side-mount license plate, left side hand shifter with pistol grip, custom airbrushed tank. Still running the original 50cc 3-speed semi auto Honda motor for the time being. I'll swap this out come springtime for the replacement 125cc 4-speed semi-auto Lifan motor I've purchased. Running fenderless at the rear for the time being. Undecided if I'll bob the original fender.
    DSCN3589.JPG DSCN3590.JPG DSCN3591.JPG DSCN3587.JPG

5. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)

Very cool!
    Love the exhaust, looks loud. :) Happy New year to you my friend!

PeteMcP likes this.
  6. Duchess

Duchess

Wow, that thing is really cool! I love the repeated grille theme throughout, too.

PeteMcP likes this.
  7. PeteMcP

PeteMcP

Solo converted from foot to hand shift. Hand shifter on a clutch-less semi-auto makes for a fun ride.
    Finished painting the tank and topped it off with a polished trim strip.
    DSCN3594.JPG DSCN3599.JPG DSCN3596.JPG

8. PeteMcP

PeteMcP

Chain guard dispensed with and rear fender bobbed.
    I'm calling this done for the time being. At least till I install the Lifan 125cc motor sometime over winter in time for its spring debut.
    DSCN3601.JPG DSCN3602.JPG

9. PeteMcP

PeteMcP

MOTO GUZZI MOTOLEGGERA 'GUZZINO' progress update...
    Recommenced work on my Guzzino. Bike was purchased minus a few parts, ie, throttle, grips, air/fuel filters, fuel line, horn etc. all of which have now been taken care of. Decided to go with a twist grip throttle instead of the original thumb lever type. New throttle and clutch cable now installed too. Stripped/cleaned the carb. Fitted new tyres and tubes. Stripped/cleaned the front and rear drum brakes and the shoes have been sent off to Villiers Services for re-lining. Exhaust was holed, but luckily I just scored a NOS exhaust from a UK seller for 40 quid - saving me splashing out 129 quid for the same muffler advertised by an Italian seller.
    Purchased a new wiring harness from Italy and that's the next job on the to do list to crack on with. That and removing the pillion seat. Guzzinos look better as solo machines I reckon.
    Guzzino's motor has plenty compression and generates a healthy spark. Gas tank flushed and is now spotless inside, so hopefully we're not far off firing her up for the first time.
    DSCN3605.JPG DSCN3607.JPG

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    order99, RustyGold, toro1978 and 2 others like this.