NN French road bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much pictures will help because the bike is Very RUSTY and spray painted over. I found the bike at night time after it was dumped next to a fence. The only indication that it is French is the Pivo "gut-ripper" stem. It has generic stamped steel cottered cranks. It has Diacompe brakes and a Schwinn Varsity rear derailleur. The front one has too much rust. It has Diacompe safety levers and Diacompe center pull brakes. Those were probably replaced because the French derailleurs were junk. It has Simplex stem shifters. The most interesting part was that is had a leather seat that is almost gone now. I think it might be Brooks. It was lugged and the lugs looked similar to these.
20190529_182817.jpg

It had a fork that is just like the one on this Huffy.
20191211_201642.jpg

The frame looks like an early 70s Motobecane Mirage. I don't know about the fork.

I did see a silver foil sticker that wrapped around the downtube. There were blue lines that went around the top and bottom of the sticker. It was faded, but all I could see was "oon".

The white paint was not spray paint. It was the original paint that was in really bad condition.

Latest posts

Back