• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nexus 7-Speed Schwinn cream cruiser wheels (complete system)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the best multi-speed coaster brake systems ever made. Only made in '97-8 with the internal hub on the Schwinn Cruiser 7. The bike this system came from was owned by an older gentleman that said he only rode it a few times. It just hung in his garage for over 20 years. The bike rode and shifted perfectly before I removed the system. The cream (with red pinstriping) wheels are amazingly straight and true and in very nice condition. All the specific parts for a complete conversion are included. Ready to install and go. $450 obo shipped (in the lower 48).
DSCN1446.JPG
DSCN1447.JPG
DSCN1449.JPG
DSCN1445.JPG

Last edited:
Cool wheelset. They still make Nexus7 hubs today

i bought 3 nexus 7 hubs off of ebay in germany cheap and plentiful there my sister sent them to me have already spoked one into a wheel for a bike for my daughter other 2 are already spoken for

Sorry. I haven't been checking this site very often. It is typically 1/2" wider than the standard bicycle frame spacing. Most frames will stretch that 1/2" without permanently bending them outward. I had it test mounted and test ridden on a Monark Silver King aluminum frame with no problems. So, I wouldn't be concerned about mounting it on a steel framed bike. I still have the rest of the bike. I would include it in the price but it would definitely increase the shipping amount.

Latest posts

Back