Nexus 3 Hub trim kit and hardware

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for a dust cap for a Nexus 3 speed hub. I've searched all over and can't seem to find one. This kit was available not too long ago on eBay and Amazon for only $9-$12 but are now sold out. If you know a place or have a spare one, please let me know. I'll be happy to buy it. There's a lot of play on the cog without the dust cap. Thanks
b5fc50b9357796d2d305e14b24de28ea.jpg

The dust cap is next to the ring clip on the bottom right corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shimano is only selling to a handful of distributors now, mostly bike companies. My shop now goes directly to Giant for parts. They did this to try to clamp down on independent "online Sales"
Any Bike shop should be able to get this for you.
I doubt it will be $9.00-$12.00 though

Shimano is only selling to a handful of distributors now, mostly bike companies. My shop now goes directly to Giant for parts. They did this to try to clamp down on independent "online Sales"
Any Bike shop should be able to get this for you.
I doubt it will be $9.00-$12.00 though

Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

or.... http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/hub-3-speed-shimano-sm-3c23-trim-kit

And yeah, if this is an inconvenience for you, consider joining me in my recent boycott of Shimano.

I only wish I had see your post sooner. I mean it. After searching around with no success, I finally ordered the trim kit from eBayUK. Will take about three weeks to get it.

And yes, it's an inconvenience. I will definitely save niagaracycle.com on my favorites.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back